|As long as wars are raged on distant lands, there will be men and women who fight those wars. The fighter is no mere sword-
|Role: Fighters excel at combat—defeating their enemies, controlling the flow of battle, and surviving such sorties themselves. While their specific weapons and methods grant them a wide variety of tactics, few can match fighters for sheer battle prowess.|
|Hit Die: d10|
|Starting Wealth: 5d6 x 10 gil (average 175 gil.) In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gil or less.|
The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
|Skill Points Per Level: 2 + Int modifier|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special|
|1st||+1||+2||+0||+0||Chosen Weapon, Limit Breaks|
|10th||+10/+5||+7||+3||+3||War Cry, Fighter Talent|
|12th||+12/+7/+2||+8||+4||+4||Fighter Advanced Talent|
|14th||+14/+9/+4||+9||+4||+4||Fighter Advanced Talent|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+10||+5||+5||Fighter Advanced Talent|
|18th||+18/+13/+8/+3||+11||+6||+6||Fighter Advanced Talent|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+12||+6||+6||Fighter Advanced Talent, Weapon Mastery|
All of the following are class features of the fighter.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (light, medium, and heavy) and shields (except tower shields).
Limit Breaks (Su)
At 1st level, the fighter receives the Limit Breaks (Mighty Strikes and Omnistrike).
Mighty Strikes (Su): This Limit Break allows the fighter to make powerful attacks. For a duration of 1 round + 1 round per four fighter levels after 1st, the fighter gains a +1 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls per four fighter levels and all attacks are confirmed critical hits provided that the attacks hit in the first place. If a critical threat was rolled, it is automatically confirmed. This limit break requires only a swift action.
Omnistrike (Su): This Limit Break allows the fighter to gain an additional attack using the highest base attack bonus plus an additional attack per four fighter levels after 1st. These additional attacks do not require a full-
Chosen Weapon (Ex)
At 1st level, a fighter chooses a melee weapon as his chosen weapon. He gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with his chosen weapon. The bonus improves by +1 for every four levels beyond 1st.
As a fighter gains experience, he learns a number of talents that aid him and confound his foes. Starting at 2nd level, the fighter gains one fighter talent. He gains an additional fighter talent for every 2 levels of fighter attained after 2nd level. Unless specified otherwise, a fighter cannot select an individual talent more than once.
- A complete list of fighter talents can be found here: Fighter Talents
Overhand Chop (Ex)
At 3rd level, when a fighter makes a single attack (with the attack action or a charge) with his chosen weapon, he adds double his Strength bonus on damage rolls.
Reliable Strike (Ex)
At 5th level, a fighter may reroll an attack roll, critical hit confirmation roll, miss chance check, or damage roll as an immediate action. He must accept the second roll even if it is worse. The fighter can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Constitution modifier.
At 7th level, when a fighter makes a full-
Rapid Attack (Ex)
At 9th level, a fighter can combine a full attack with a single move. He must forgo the attack at his highest bonus but may take the remaining attacks at any point during his movement. In addition, a fighter that dual-
War Cry (Ex)
At 10th level, as a swift action, a fighter can give a war cry to his allies, inspiring them to fight better. His allies (the fighter is unaffected) that can hear him gains a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, +2 morale bonus on saving throws, and a +2 dodge bonus to AC. The effect lasts for 1 round per two fighter class levels. A fighter can use War Cry a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Constitution modifier.
At 11th level, once per round, a fighter can make a melee attack as an immediate action against an opponent who hits the fighter with a melee attack, so long as the attacking creature is within the fighter’s reach.
Fighter Advanced Talents
At 12th level, and every two levels thereafter, a fighter can choose one of the following fighter advanced talents in place of a fighter talent.
- A complete list of advanced fighter talents can be found here: Fighter Advanced Talents
At 13th level, as a standard action, a fighter can make a single melee attack with his chosen weapon. If the attack hits, he may make a bull rush or trip combat maneuver against the target of his attack as a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
Unstoppable Strike (Ex)
At 15th level, a fighter can take a standard action to make one attack with his chosen weapon as a touch attack that ignores damage reduction (or hardness, if attacking an object).
Devastating Blow (Ex)
At 17th level, as a standard action, a fighter may make a single melee attack with his chosen weapon at a –5 penalty. If the attack hits, it is treated as a critical hit and deals double damage.
At 19th level, once per day, a fighter can spend a full-
Weapon Mastery (Ex)
Also at 20th level, the fighter has mastered his chosen weapon. Any attacks made with his chosen weapon automatically confirm all critical threats and have their critical hit threat range increased by 2. This stacks with Improved Critical and similar abilities, but is calculated after all other modifiers. In addition, he cannot be disarmed while wielding his chosen weapon.
Favored Class Bonuses
Instead of receiving an additional skill rank or hit point whenever they gain a level in a favored class, some races have the option of choosing from a number of other bonuses, depending upon their favored classes. The following options are available to the listed race who have fighter as their favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the listed favored class reward.
- Aegyl: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Antica: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character’s choice.
- Au Ra: Add +1 to CMD against bull rush or overrun maneuvers.
- Bangaa: Add +1/2 to damage rolls the fighter makes with weapon attacks against an opponent she is flanking or an opponent that is denied its dexterity bonus to AC.
- Burmecian: Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush or grapple attempt.
- Dwarf: Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush or trip.
- Elvaan: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Galka: Add +1 to CMD against bull rush or overrun maneuvers.
- Garif: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Gria: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Hume: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character’s choice.
- Ixal: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Kojin: Add a +1 bonus to the fighter’s CMD when resisting grapple and a +1 bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Mithra: Add a +1/2 circumstance bonus to confirm critical hits when attacking with weapons from the close or light blade weapon groups (maximum bonus +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Moogle: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a dirty trick or steal attempt.
- Orc: Add a +1/2 circumstance bonus to confirm critical hits when attacking with weapons from the close or light blade weapon groups (maximum bonus +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Roegadyn: Add +1 to CMD against bull rush or overrun maneuvers.
- Ronso: Add +1/2 to damage dealt on a charge attack.
- Seeq: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush or grapple attempt.
- Shindroid: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush or dirty trick.
- Tarutaru: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Tonkin: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a dirty trick or steal attempt.
- Varg: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a grapple or trip attempt.
- Viera: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- A complete list of fighter archetypes can be found here: Fighter Archetypes