Fighters had to start their humble beginnings somewhere, as a squire. Some take it as a full-
The squire is an archetype of the fighter class.
Stamina Pool (Ex)
At 2nd level, the squire gains a reservoir of stamina that he can draw upon to fuel his talents that he gains below. This stamina pool has a number of points equal to 5 x his Constitution modifier and this pool increases by 5 + his Constitution modifier per level. The pool refreshes once per day when the squire rests for a full 8 hours. Sustained modes take up a static amount of stamina points from the squire’s maximum stamina pool and most sustained modes stack.
Talent Trees (Su)
The squire gets access to two talent trees from the sword saint class of his choosing and the guts talent tree from below. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter, the squire may choose to learn one talent or a fighter talent taken from the fighter’s talent list.
Guts Specialization Talent Tree
- Stone Throw: At the cost of 5 stamina points, as a standard action, the squire can take a small stone from nearby or in his pouch and throw it at an enemy within 30 feet as a ranged attack. If successful, the squire deals 1d4 points of bludgeoning damage + his Strength modifier. The enemy must make a Will save (DC 10 + half of the fighter’s level + his Strength modifier) or be dazed until the end of the squire’s next turn.
- Strong Arm: Stone throw now deals 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage + his Strength modifier. Prerequisite: Stone Throw.
- Bashing Throw: When using stone throw, the squire can take a –
2 penalty to Attack rolls to aim for the head. If successful, it also inflicts the Confuse status for 1 round if they fail the save. Prerequisite: Stone Throw.
- Accumulate: As a swift action, the squire can activate this talent as a sustained mode. For every round in combat, the squire gains a +1 bonus on melee damage rolls to the maximum of +2 per fighter level. This mode uses up 15 stamina points of the squire’s maximum stamina pool.
- Focus: At the cost of 10 stamina points as a move action, the squire gains a +2 morale bonus to Strength for every four fighter levels after 2nd. This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to the squire’s Constitution modifier.
- Tackle: At the cost of 10 stamina points as a standard action, the squire can slam an enemy adjacent to him by making a melee attack against the target’s CMD. If successful, the target is knocked prone. This ability doesn’t affect creatures of a size category larger than the squire.
- Counter Tackle: Once per round, as an immediate action, if an opponent attacks the squire in melee combat, he can activate Tackle as an attack of opportunity. He still must spend the stamina points to activate. Prerequisite: Tackle.
- Tailwind: At a cost of 5 stamina points, as a swift action, the squire can boost an ally’s movement speed by 30 feet for 1 round.
- Cheer: At the cost of 5 stamina points, as a move action, the squire can let out a cheer to rally his allies, granting the squire’s allies within a 30-
ft.- radius, a +1 morale bonus to Attack rolls and an additional +1 bonus for every four fighter levels after 2nd. If the squire is in the Accumulate sustained mode, he also grants his allies the effects of that mode. Cheer lasts for a number of rounds equal to the squire’s Charisma modifier.
- Shout: Increasing the cost to 20 stamina points, when the squire uses Cheer, it now grants its bonus to his allies’ caster levels to spells. In addition, Cheer also grants Fast Healing 2 and the effects of Tailwind to all allies within the area of effect. Prerequisites: Tailwind, Cheer.