Rogues are experts in misdirection, stealth, and killing. Their dirty tricks leave enemies sick and limping. They are never where anyone expects them to be and they specialize in quick, deadly kills that let them slide back into the shadows undetected, or indirect kills that eliminate targets while the rogue is safely away.
The rogue is an archetype of the thief class.
Stamina Pools (Ex)
At 2nd level, the rogue gains a reservoir of stamina that he can draw upon to fuel his talents that he gains below. This stamina pool has a number of points equal to 5 x his Constitution modifier and this pool increases by 5 + his Constitution modifier per level. The pool refreshes once per day when the rogue rests for a full 8 hours. Sustained modes take up a static amount of stamina points from the rogue’s current and maximum stamina pool and most sustained modes stack. If the character has a stamina pool from another class, he then only increases his stamina pool by 5 + his Constitution modifier per level instead.
Talent Trees (Su)
The rogue gets access to the assassination and subterfuge talent trees from below. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter, the rogue may choose to learn one talent or a thief talent taken from the thief’s talent list.
Assassination Specialization Talent Tree
- Hidden Blades: At a cost of 10 stamina points, as a standard action, the rogue jumps through the shadows and reappears behind a target within 30 feet. The rogue makes a single attack at his highest base attack bonus. The target is considered to be flat-footed to this attack.
- No Witnesses: Hidden Blades can now allow the rogue to attack a 2nd opponent if it was adjacent to the first. Prerequisite: Hidden Blades
- Throat Cutter: The rogue deals an additional 1d6 points of damage against wounded opponents.
- I Was Never Here: Whenever the rogue drops a foe, he can immediately make a Stealth check. Prerequisite: Throat Cutter
- Gaps in the Armor: A rogue can ignore damage reduction up to his Intelligence modifier. Prerequisites: Throat Cutter, I Was Never Here
- Knife in the Shadows: When a rogue makes a successful attack while stealth, it is automatically a critical hit. Prerequisites: Throat Cutter, I Was Never Here, Gaps in the Armor
- Cloak of Shadows: At a cost of 15 stamina points, as a standard action, the rogue can lend his Stealth to his allies, using his Stealth roll for their own.
- Mark for Death: At a cost of 15 stamina points, as a swift action, the rogue can mark an opponent. The chosen marked target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage from any successful attacks until the start of the rogue’s next turn.
- Mark for Doom: Mark for Death now deals 2d6 points of damage. Prerequisite: Mark for Death
- Lasting Mark: Mark for Death now lasts for a number of rounds equal to the rogue’s Intelligence modifier. Prerequisites: Mark for Death, Mark for Doom
Subterfuge Specialization Talent Tree
- Stealth: At a cost of 10 stamina points, as a standard action, the rogue becomes invisible as the vanish spell for a number of rounds equal to the rogue’s Dexterity modifier.
- Clinging Shadows: Stealth’s stamina cost increases to 20, but the rogue becomes invisible as the greater vanish spell instead. Prerequisite: Stealth
- Evasion: At a cost of 10 stamina points, as a swift action, the rogue gains a dodge bonus to AC equal to his Intelligence modifier until the start of his next turn.
- Evade: At a cost of 5 stamina points, as a move action, the rogue leaps 30 feet away which doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Hidden Step: After using Evade, the rogue can Stealth immediately as free action. Prerequisite: Evade
- Easy to Miss: The rogue gains a +10 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks while in combat and is able to hide in plain sight. Prerequisites: Stealth, Evade
- Ambush: When making an attack from stealth, the rogue ignores all damage reduction. Prerequisites: Stealth, Evade, Easy to Miss
- Shadow Strike: At a cost of 15 stamina points, as a standard action, the rogue can make a surprise attack on a foe, catching them flat-footed. If the rogue hits a foe that hasn’t attacked him within the last round, he gains back 5 stamina points.
- Quick Blade: Shadow Strike now allows the rogue to make an additional attack. Prerequisite: Shadow Strike
- Long Shadow: Shadow Strike can now be used from range up to 30 feet away. Prerequisites: Shadow Strike, Quick Blade