|The elite guard and the chief arbiters and enforcers of Imperial law in the Lands of Ivalice. They are feared for their ability to bring in lawbreakers easily. Their unique armor, a badge of office, makes them intimidating to everyone. They excel at knocking down foes while fearlessly standing their ground.|
|Hit Die: d12|
To qualify to become a judge magister, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any lawful alignment.
Base Attack Bonus: +7
Skills: Diplomacy 2 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Sense Motive 4 ranks.
Special: Must be appointed by one of the ruling houses.
The judge magister’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Survival (Wis).
|Skill Points Per Level: 2 + Int modifier|
Table: Judge Magister
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special|
|1st||+1||+1||+0||+1||Badge of Office, Judgment, Limit Break|
|3rd||+3||+2||+1||+2||Judgment, Stern Gaze|
|7th||+7||+4||+2||+4||Judgment, Third Judgment|
|9th||+9||+5||+3||+5||Frightful Presence, Judgment|
All of the following are class features of the judge magister prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Judge magisters are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and shields.
Limit Break (Su)
At 1st level, the judge magister receives the Limit Break (Final Judgment).
Final Judgment (Su): This Limit Break causes all enemies within range to be judged. All enemies within a 60-ft.-radius take 5d6 points of holy damage + an additional 1d6 per two judge magister levels after 1st, Reflex save (DC 10 + the judge magister’s level + his Charisma modifier) for half damage. Those failing the Reflex save must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + the judge magister’s level + his Charisma modifier) or be inflicted with Disable status for 1 round per two judge magister levels after 1st.
Badge of Office
A judge magister’s official badge of office is a suit of judgment heavy armor (see below) +1. It is tailor-fitted for the judge magister. Every two levels after 1st, the judge magister takes his badge of office to be upgraded and refitted, gaining an additional +1 enhancement bonus added to the judgment armor. At any time the judge magister stops working for the ruling houses, he is to turn in his badge of office or be hunted down.
Judgment Armor: Type (Heavy), Armor Bonus +10, Damage Reduction 2/-, Max Dex Bonus +1, Armor Check Penalty -5. The judgment armor also provides the following benefits: +4 circumstance bonus to Strength, +10 feet base land speed, and +1 equipment bonus on Attack Rolls.
Starting at 1st level, a judge magister can pronounce judgment upon his foes as a swift action. Starting when the judgment is made, the judge magister receives a bonus or special ability based on the type of judgment made.
At 1st level, a judge magister can use this ability once per day. Every other level thereafter, the judge magister can use this ability one additional time per day. Once activated, this ability lasts until the combat ends, at which point all of the bonuses immediately end. The judge magister must participate in the combat to gain these bonuses. If he is frightened, panicked, paralyzed, stunned, unconscious, or otherwise prevented from participating in the combat, the ability does not end, but the bonuses do not resume until he can participate in the combat again.
When the judge magister uses this ability, he must select one type of judgment to make. As a swift action, he can change this judgment to another type. If the judge magister is evil, he receives profane bonuses instead of sacred, as appropriate. Neutral judge magisters must select profane or sacred bonuses. Once made, this choice cannot be changed.
- Destruction: The judge magister is filled with holy wrath, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on all weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by +1 for every two judge magister levels he possesses.
- Healing: The judge magister is surrounded by a healing light, gaining fast healing 1. This causes the judge magister to heal 1 point of damage each round as long as the judge magister is alive and the judgment lasts. The amount of healing increases by 1 point for every two judge magister levels he possesses.
- Justice: This judgment spurs the judge magister to seek justice, granting a +1 sacred bonus on all attack rolls. This bonus increases by +1 for every two judge magister levels he possesses. At 5th level, this bonus is doubled on all attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.
- Protection: The judge magister is surrounded by a protective aura, granting a +1 sacred bonus to Armor Class. This bonus increases by +1 for every two judge magister levels he possesses. At 5th level, this bonus is doubled against attack rolls made to confirm critical hits against the judge magister.
- Purity: The judge magister is protected from the vile taint of his foes, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on all saving throws. This bonus increases by +1 for every two judge magister levels he possesses. At 5th level, the bonus is doubled against curses, diseases, and poisons.\
- Resiliency: This judgment makes the judge magister resistant to harm, granting DR 1/-. This DR increases by 1 for every two judge magister levels he possesses. At 5th level, this DR doubles against enemies with an alignment that is opposite the judge magister. If he is neutral, the judge magister does not receive this increase.
- Resistance: The judge magister is shielded by a flickering aura, gaining 2 points of elemental resistance against one elemental type (earth, fire, ice, lightning, water, or wind) chosen when the judgment is declared. The protection increases by 2 for every two judge magister levels he possesses.
- Smiting: This judgment bathes the judge magister’s weapons in a holy light. The judge magister’s weapons deals an additional 1d6 points of holy damage. This bonus increases by 1d6 for every two judge magister levels he possesses. At 5th level, the judge magister’s weapons deals double damage against undead while under this judgment.
Judge’s Might (Ex)
At 2nd level, the judge magister can temporarily increase his Strength but at a penalty to Armor Class. The judge magister gains a +8 morale bonus to Strength, but takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. Activating judge’s might is a free action, and it lasts for a number of rounds equal to the judge magister’s level. At the end of the judge’s might ability, the judge magister is fatigued for doubled as many rounds as he used the ability. The judge magister can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + Constitution modifier.
Stern Gaze (Ex)
At 3rd level, judge magisters are skilled at sensing deception and intimidating their foes. A judge magister receives a morale bonus on all Intimidate and Sense Motive checks equal to his judge magister level.
Second Judgment (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever a judge magister uses his judgment ability, he selects two different judgments, instead of one. This only consumes one use of his judgment ability. As a swift action, he can change one of these judgments to another type.
At 5th level, a judge magister can use mental and physical resiliency to avoid certain attacks. If he makes a Fortitude or Will saving throw against an attack that has a reduced effect on a successful save, he instead avoids the effect entirely. A helpless judge magister does not gain the benefit of the stalwart ability.
At 6th level and beyond, whenever the judge magister is allowed to apply his Strength modifier to damage, he makes a trip combat maneuver against the opponent. The judge magister makes a trip combat maneuver with a +4 bonus against the opponent’s CMD. If the judge magister beats the opponent’s CMD, the opponent is tripped. The benefit of this ability does not stack with the benefit of the Improved Trip feat.
Third Judgment (Ex)
At 7th level, whenever a judge magister uses his judgment ability, he selects three different judgments, instead of just two. This only consumes one use of his judgment ability. As a swift action, the judge magister can change one of these judgments to another type.
Heavy Weaponry (Ex)
At 8th level, a judge magister treats all weapons as one size category smaller for purposes of determining whether or not he can wield them in one hand and if they are considered light weapons.
Frightful Presence (Ex)
At 9th level, the judge magister’s reputation precedes himself, bringing about him a frightful presence. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the judge magister. A potentially effected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + the judge magister’s level + his Charisma modifier) remains immune to that judge magister’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failed save, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. The judge magister may freely turn this ability off or on as a free action.
True Judgment (Su)
At 10th level, a judge magister can call true judgment down upon a foe during combat. Whenever a judge magister uses his judgment ability, the judge magister can invoke true judgment on a foe as a swift action. Once declared, the judge magister can make a single melee (or ranged attack, if the foe is within 30 feet) against the target. If the attack hits, it deals damage normally and the target must make a Fortitude save or die. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + the judge magister’s level + his Charisma modifier. Regardless of whether or not the save is made, the target creature is immune to the judge magister’s true judgment ability for 24 hours. Once this ability has been used, it cannot be used again for 1d4 rounds.