The Qus are a race of strange, swamp-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Qus are resilient and smart, but their monstrous appearance makes people fearful of interacting with them. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, and –
- Size: Qus are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Qus are humanoids with the qu subtype.
- Base Speed: Qus have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Qus begin play speaking Common and Queran. Qus with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Galkan, Giant, Goblin, Lalafellan, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Strong Stomach: Qus gain a +4 racial bonus to saving throws against poison and sap status effects due to their unique biology.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Expert Chefs: Qus are renowned chefs of the culinary world. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Profession (Chef) skill checks.
- Great Lungs: Qus receive the Endurance feat for free at first level.
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Qu treat the Qu Battle Fork as a martial weapon, instead of an exotic weapon.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Eat Anything: Raised with little or no proper food, many qus have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Qus with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause the nauseated or sickened conditions. This racial trait replaces expert chefs.
- Scavenger: Some qus eke out a leaving picking over the garbage heaps of society, and must learn to separate rare finds from the inevitable dross. Qus with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and on Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
- Smeller: Qus with this racial trait gain a limited scent ability with half the normal range. This racial trait replaces great lungs and weapon familiarity.
- Unnatural: Some qus unnerve normal animals, and train to defend themselves against the inevitable attacks from such creatures. These qus take a –4 penalty on all Charisma-
based skill checks to affect creatures of the animal type, and receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against animals. An animal’s starting attitude toward qus is one step worse than normal. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
The following feats are available to a qu character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to qus:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Black Mage: Add a +1 bonus on Concentration checks made due to taking damage while casting black mage spells.
- Blue Mage: Add +1/6 bonus to Knowledge (all) skill checks.
- Chemist: Add +1 foot to the range increment of the chemist’s thrown splash weapons (including the chemist’s bombs). This option has no effect unless the chemist has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); a range increment of 24 feet is effectively the same as a range increment of 20 feet, for example.
- Holy Knight: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using smite evil (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Red Mage: Add +1/4 to the number of times the red mage can use the Convert ability. A red mage must be at least 5th level to select this benefit.
- Summoner: Add +1 hit point to the summoner’s avatar.
- White Mage: Add +1/4 to the number of uses per day of the white mage’s lay on hands class feature.