Ronsos are a race of many-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Ronsos are strong and often wise, but gruff in demeanor. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, and –
- Size: Ronsos are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Ronsos are humanoids with the ronso subtype.
- Base Speed: Ronsos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Ronsos begin play speaking Common and Ronsaur. Ronso with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Galkan, Giant, Goblin, Lalafellan, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages
Defense Racial Traits
- Arctic Fur: Ronsos are immune to environmental damage from cold weather (below 40 degrees). In conditions of extreme cold (below 0 degrees), ronsos suffer the normal conditions for cold weather, not the harsher conditions for extreme cold. In addition, ronsos gain Ice Resistance 5.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Survivalist: Ronsos are hunters and can hunt in the best and worst of weather conditions. They gain a +2 racial bonus on all Survival checks.
Movement Racial Traits
- Mountaineers: Ronsos are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
Offense Racial Traits
- Gore: Ronsos can use their horns as a natural attack that deals 1d6 points of damage. This is a primary natural attack.
- Powerful Charge: Whenever a Ronso charges with its horn, it deals 2d6 points of damage instead plus 1-
1/2 times its Strength bonus.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Stand On Your Own Feet: Ronsos do not do well when traveling by means other than their own two feet. They take a –2 penalty to all Fly and Ride checks.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
Hardened: Incessant drills make defense second nature to some ronsos. Ronsos with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus to CMD. This racial trait replaces survivalist.
- Fearsome: Some ronsos scorn caution and subtlety for swagger and bluster. Ronsos with this racial trait gain a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces survivalist.
- Lion’s Claws: Some ronsos have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. Ronsos with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces arctic fur and survivialist.
- Magehunter: Ronsos hate and fear spellcasters. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify a spell being cast and a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against spellcasters. They only gain this bonus against creatures that use spells, and not against those that only use spell-
like abilities. This racial trait replaces survivalist and mountaineers.
The following feats are available to a ronso character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to ronsos:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Beastmaster: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with unarmed strikes or natural weapons (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Blue Mage: Add +1/4 bonus to damage to the blue mage’s natural attacks.
- Dark Knight: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using smite good (maximum bonus of +5). This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat.
- Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon’s attack rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
- Fighter: Add +1/2 to damage dealt on a charge attack.
- Holy Knight: Add +1/4 AC bonus against a foe you are targeting with smite evil.
- Knight: Add +1 to the knight’s total number of defensive stance rounds per day.
- Samurai: Add +1/2 to Intimidate skill checks.