The anticas have transformed the former Galkan capital of Altepa into the central location of their empire, which spreads across the islands of Kuzotz. Their militaristic society is built upon advanced personnel management abilities. Upon birth, all individuals are given a number, and a job for which they spend the rest of their lives training. Apart from the information needed to perform their duties, the individual is not allowed any other knowledge. An antica is only allowed to transfer positions to become a gladiator (used for population control).
The anticas have no concept of personal belongings. All equipment is provided by the Empire, and food rations are based solely on the duties performed by the individual. However, due to their lack of emotion, there is not a single antica who feels discontent towards this system. This can also be seen on the battlefield. No matter the situation, the lack of fluctuation in morale is the antica’s greatest strength.
Another strength lies in the sheer number of antica soldiers. In addition to their active legions, an enormous surplus of soldiers lies in stasis within the antica’s stronghold. When revived, the size of their army can increase a hundredfold. However, due to their lack of naval technology, only a few of their troops were able to participate in the Great War campaigns carried out on Quon; their presence had little effect on the outcome of the battles. It is widely believed that had the full Antican army participated in the battles on Quon, the allied forces surely would have been defeated.
While the antica communicate by fricative sounds made within their necks, they are unable to release loud war cries like the other beastmen. This results in an eerie silence on the battlefield that can send chills down the spine of even the bravest warrior.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Anticas tend to be strong and hardy, but they lack common sense and are very off-putting. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Wisdom, and -2 Charisma.
- Size: Anticas are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Anticas are Humanoid creatures with the antica subtype.
- Base Speed: Anticas have a base speed of 30 feet and a 15-foot burrowing speed.
- Languages: Anticas begin play understanding (but not speaking) (see limited telepathy) Common and Antican. They can choose from Roegadyn, Galkan, Undercommon, Goblin, and Lamia.
Defense Racial Traits
- This is Nothing: Anticas can handle climate change for extreme heat or desert conditions during the day or night.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Anticas are mostly proficient with knight swords and great axes.
Offense Racial Traits
- Bite: Anticas have such a tremendous bite if you get to close and sometimes can contain certain types of devastating poisons. Anticas gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1d4 points of damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the creature is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Claws: Anticas have claws for fingers that are stronger then leather (and sometimes even certain metals) and, therefore, receive two claw attacks dealing 1d4 damage. These are primary natural attacks.
- Relentless: When fighting an opponent or a caravan, the anticas will not stop until they have completely overrun and killing their opponent. They gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the antica and its opponent are standing on the ground.
Other Racial Traits
- Limited Telepathy: Anticas are able to mentally communicate with any creature within 30 feet with whom they share a language.
Senses Racial Traits
- Minesight: Anticas burrow deep into the ground, forming massive tunnels that can go on for thousands of miles and have developed darkvision up to 60 feet; however, they are automatically dazzled in bright light and take a –2 penalty on saving throws against spells and effects with the light descriptor.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Emotionless: Anticas have problems processing emotions properly, and thus take a –4 penalty on Sense Motive checks.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Black Focus: Anticas are skilled at casting magic in combat and gain a +2 racial bonus on concentration checks made to cast spells defensively. This racial trait replaces relentless.
- Emotional: Some anticas are touched by a spark of individuality, thus can feel emotions like normal humanoids. Because of this, anticas with this trait are outcasts of their tribe. This racial trait replaces relentless and emotionless.
- Frenzy: Sometimes, when a weak-willed antica gets struck in battle, it flies into a frenzy. Once per day, whenever an antica takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
- Scent: When blinded at in the sunlight, anticas usually rely on their keen sense of smell to find food and other presences within the nearby areas and gain the scent ability. This racial trait replaces minesight.
The following racial archetypes are available to anticas:
- Antrider (Chocobo Knight; Antica)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with bows or crossbows (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus feat.
- Black Mage: Add +1/2 point of earth damage to spells that deal earth damage cast by the black mage.
- Chocobo Knight: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the chocobo knight’s mount. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character’s choice.
- Holy Knight: Add +1 bonus on concentration checks when casting holy knight spells.