All beastmasters command respect, but the battlerager is an unrelenting physical force. The name of this archetype suggests rage, risk-taking, and that is certainly part of its effectiveness, but it would be a grave mistake to suggest that the battlerager is sloppy or undisciplined. It takes an incredible amount of control to know when to lose control. Battle momentum is the key: finding the balance between total commitment and over extending. The battlerager controls the pace of combat, setting a standard that the enemy can’t match. In turn, they can be sustained by the mayhem they produce, and find new energy in every fallen foe. While they stand, while stamina remains, they have no match, but they can’t stand back and let battle unfold. For the battlerager, battle always ends in glory, win or lose.
The battlerager is an archetype of the beastmaster class.
Limit Breaks (Su)
At 1st level, the battlerager receives the Limit Break (The Inexhaustible Fury).
The Inexhaustible Fury (Su): This Limit Break imbues the battlerager with phenomenal endurance and destructive power. For the duration of 1 round + 1 round per four battlerager levels after 1st, all bonuses from the battlerager talent tree are doubled. In addition, while this limit break is active, the battlerager doesn’t spend any stamina on his talents. This limit break requires only a swift action.
This ability replaces the one of the beastmaster’s standard Limit Breaks.
Stamina Pool (Ex)
At 2nd level, the battlerager gains a reservoir of stamina that he can draw upon to fuel his talents that he gains below. This stamina pool has a number of points equal to 5 x his Constitution modifier (minimum 1) and this pool increases by 5 + his Constitution modifier per level thereafter. The pool refreshes once per day when the battlerager rests for a full 8 hours. Sustained modes take up a static amount of stamina points from the battlerager’s current and maximum stamina pool and most sustained modes stack. If the character has a stamina pool from another class, he then only increases his stamina pool by 5 + his Constitution modifier per level instead.
By spending 5 stamina points, the battlerager can do one of the following:
- Increase his speed by 10 feet for 1 round, or
- Delay and suppress his fatigue or exhaustion for 1 round, or
- Increase one saving throw by +1 for 1 round.
Each of these powers is activated as a swift action.
This ability replaces nature sense.
Talent Trees (Su)
The battlerager gets access to one talent tree from the sword saint class of his choosing and the battlerager talent tree from below. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter, the battlerager may choose to learn one talent or a rage power taken from the beastmaster’s rage power list. Weapon Requirement: Any melee weapon.
Battlerager Specialization Talent Tree
- Berserk: As a swift action, the battlerager may activate this talent as a sustained mode. The battlerager flies into a rage, landing powerful blows for as long as this mode is active. The battlerager gains a bonus to Damage Rolls of +1 per 10 stamina points left in his stamina pool. For each hit, the battlerager loses 4 stamina points while this mode is active. This mode uses up 20 stamina points of the battlerager’s current and maximum stamina pool.
- Savage Berserk: Berserk now inflicts more damage, increasing Damage rolls of +1 per 5 stamina points left in his stamina pool instead. Prerequisite: Berserk.
- Endless Berserk: Berserk rages are now less tiring to sustain. For each hit, the battlerager only loses 2 stamina points while Berserk mode is active. Prerequisite: Berserk.
- Adrenaline: At a cost of 10 stamina points, as a swift action, the battlerager taps into deep reserves of energy to make each strike more powerful. The battlerager gains a bonus to Damage Rolls equal to his Constitution modifier and lasts for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier. (Berserk must be active.) Prerequisite: Berserk.
- Adrenaline Rage: Adrenaline’s damage bonus is now much larger. The battlerager now gains double his Constitution modifier to Damage Rolls. Prerequisite: Adrenaline.
- Adrenaline Rush: Adrenaline now lasts longer, lasting a number of rounds equal to double his Constitution modifier. Prerequisite: Adrenaline.
- Barrage: At a cost of 5 stamina points, as a swift action, the battlerager trades protection for speed, lashing out with rapid blows but decreasing his Armor Class. When making a full-attack action, the battlerager may make an additional attack at his highest attack bonus, but suffers a -4 penalty to Armor Class. Barrage lasts a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier. (Berserk must be active.) Prerequisite: Berserk.
- Unrelenting Barrage: Barrage now lasts longer, lasting a number of rounds equal to double his Constitution modifier. Prerequisite: Barrage.
- Controlled Barrage: Barrage’s penalty to Armor Class is reduced to a -2. Prerequisite: Barrage.
- Death Blow: As long as the battlerager has at least 1 stamina point in his stamina pool, each time he fells an enemy, the thrill of victory restores a larger than normal portion of the battlerager’s stamina. The battlerager gains 5 stamina points for every enemy death. Prerequisites: Berserk, Adrenaline.
These abilities may replace rage powers.
Unrelenting Endurance (Ex)
At 8th level, the battlerager’s endurance becomes nigh inexhaustible and his ability to recover his strength far exceeds lesser warriors. The battlerager regenerates a number of stamina points equal to his beastmaster level + his Constitution modifier per hour, so long as he is relaxed and free from overt distractions such as combat or strenuous activity.
This ability replaces scent.