Furious as a blaze, these swordsman fight with two swords or double swords, rushing into combat as a flurry of steel. The rage of battle seems to fuel them as they unleash never ending attacks of singing blades. These warriors, who study the art of fighting in such an aggressive manner, and rejoice in the glory of combat, are known as swordlords.
The swordlord is an archetype of the sword saint class.
The swordlord is proficient in double-bladed swords in addition to his other weapon proficiencies.
This ability modifies the sword saint’s starting weapon proficiencies.
Blade Rush (Ex)
The swordlord’s training with two blades is the basic fundamental practice with fighting with two swords. At 1st level, the swordlord gains Two Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat, and may use his Charisma score in place of Dexterity in place of any feat that requires two weapon fighting as a prerequisite.
As a full attack action, the swordlord can perform a Blade Rush. This is a special type of charge that allows the swordlord to move up to half this movement speed and make two melee attacks (one from his main hand, the other from his offhand). If he is unable to make an attack with two weapon fighting, the swordlord cannot perform this ability. He receives all penalties, and bonuses as if he was charging. When he makes this attack and he successfully strikes with both his main hand and off hand attack, (whether it be from two weapons or both ends of a double weapon, he regains 2 swordskills he has expended. If only one hits, he regains only 1 swordskill. He can only ever gain a max of two swordskills from the ability, regardless of the amount of attacks he has, but regains swordskills regardless of what attack is successful, even extra attacks from haste and other effects. If all attack miss however, he regains no swordskills. At 5th level, his movement speed during blade rush increases to his base movement speed, and at 15th level, it increases to double his base movement speed.
Lastly, at 10th level, he does not provoke attacks of opportunity when moving during a Blade Rush, his speed making him seem like a blur to his enemies and his movement is unaffected by difficult terrain. Additionally, he he does not need to move in a straight line as per charging rules, and can attack enemies at any time during his movement. This allows a powerful swordlord to dart between enemies who are far apart provided he has the movement speed to move between them.
This ability replaces defensive focus.
Florentine Talent Tree
The Florentine talent invokes the style of fighting with twin swords or double weapons, swordlords study this art to unleash a blinding flurry of attacks on foes from afar. Those who go down this tree rejoice in the glory of combat and always seem to lust for more. Weapon Requirement: Two melee weapons or a double weapon.
- Bloodlust: The swordlord gains a pool of stamina points that he can use while in combat. When combat begins, he begins with 0 points of bloodlust, each time he deals damage to a target he gains 1 point of bloodlust. He gains these points by any means except nonlethal damage or damage reduced to 0 from resistance or damage reduction, but is gained form any form of attack as long as his swords are involved (such as swordskills). If multiple enemies are hit, via multiple attacks, or radius attacks from talents or swordskils, he gains 1 point per enemy hit. He has a maximum pool of bloodlust equal to 10 plus his plus his Charisma modifier. These points from this pool can be used as if they was stamina points, but they cannot be used for sustained modes. If he remains out of combat for more than 1 minute, he loses all points in his bloodlust pool.
- Rose of Hate: Bloodlust now grants 2 points each time he deals damage instead of 1, and the maximum bloodlust pool is increased by 10. Prerequisite: Bloodlust
- Rose of Conquest: While in combat, when the swordlord fells an enemy by dropping them below 0 HP or killing them by any means, the swordlord gains 10 points of bloodlust. He can only gain bloodlust from this talent once per round. Prerequisite: Bloodlust, Rose of Hate
- Flourish of Steel: As a swift action, the swordlord may activate this talent as a sustained mode. The swordlord lowers the penalties of two weapon fighting by 1. This lowers by 1 again at 10th level. This mode uses up 15 stamina points of the swordlord’s current and maximum stamina pool.
- Wall of Steel: As a swift action, the swordlord may activate this talent as a sustained mode. The swordlord gains a +1 shield bonus when wielding a weapon in each hand or a double weapon. This bonus increases by 1 every four sword saint levels after 1st and stacks with Two Weapon Defense, but not any other ability or feat that provides a shield bonus from wielding a weapon or shield. This mode uses up 15 stamina points of the swordlord’s current and maximum stamina.
- Slaughter: At the cost of 10 stamina points, as a full round action, the swordlord can make two attacks attack against all opponents in his reach, one attack from each of his two weapons or both ends of a double weapon, taking penalties for two weapon fighting as normal.
- Bloody Fuller: At the cost of 20 stamina points, as a full round action, the swordlord can use his slaughter talent to attack all enemies in a 15-ft.-radius of him instead, and increasing the penalty from two weapon fighting by 1. Prerequisite: Slaughter
- Surpanaka: At the cost of 10 stamina points, as a full round action, the swordlord can make two attacks, one attack with two weapons or both ends of a double weapon against all enemies in his frontal cone, taking penalties for two weapon fighting as normal.
- Tapasya: At the cost of 20 stamina points, as a full round action, the swordlord can use his surpanaka talent to attack all enemies in a 15-ft.-cone before him instead, and increasing the penalty from two weapon fighting by 1. Prerequisite: Surpanaka
- Atma-Linga: At the cost of 30 stamina points, the swordlord makes two attacks, one attack from two weapons or both ends of a double weapon, against all foes in a 30-ft.-radius of him. Taking penalties from two weapon fighting as normal and increasing the penalty by 2. Prerequisite: Slaughter, Bloody Fuller Surpanaka, Tapasya
This talent tree replaces the two-handed and weapon and shield talent trees.
Double Weapon Extraordinaire (Ex)
At 6th level, the swordlord treats double weapons as if they were two-handed weapons, whenever beneficial, even while two-weapon fighting with them.
This ability replaces clad in steel.
Sword Gana (Su)
At 8th level, when the swordlord uses a swordskill, and is wielding two swords or a double sword, he applies both weapon die to his focus sword damage instead of only one.
This ability replaces first blood.