|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str)||0|
|Feat and Skill||Craftsman||1|
|Feat and Skill||Master Tinker||2|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus (Heal)||2|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Training (Heal)||1|
|Feat and Skill||Silver Tongued||3|
|Feat and Skill||Thug Life||2|
|Feat and Skill||Weapon Familiarity||1|
Goblins, colloquially referred to as Gobs or Gobbies, are a race of Beastmen found in most regions of Vana’diel. Their flexible lifestyle and adaptability to the surrounding environment have given them the ability to coexist with other beastmen as well as the Enlightened Races. Compared to other beastmen, Goblins have developed superior techniques in trades such as smithing and healing. Because of their prevalence and semi-integration into the nations of Vana’diel, studies of Goblins have been undertaken to better understand their lifestyle. Of some interest is Goblin naming conventions—which appear to be rather strict. An “-ix” ending on a goblin’s name designates it as a male goblin while “-ox” is for female goblin names.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Goblins are weak but dexterous and intelligent. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and -2 Strength.
- Size: Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on their combat maneuver checks and to Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Type: Goblins are humanoids with the goblin subtype.
- Base Speed: Goblins have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Common and Goblin. Goblins with high Intelligence scores can choose any language they want (except secret languages, such as player-made languages from other campaigns. They can however make their own languages).
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Craftsman: Goblins are very gifted with their hands when creating machines and other things and gain a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks to create objects from metal, wood, cloth or stone.
- Field Medic: Having to heal on the fly has given the goblins better aptitude at healing others. Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on heal checks and count it as a class skill.
- Goblin’s Unique Handle on Things: Goblins are proficient with both short swords and hand axes.
- Master Tinker: Whatever you survive makes you a better tinkerer right? Goblins gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. Goblins are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted.
- Silver Tongued: Unlike moblins or other races, goblins are very talkative and eager to sell wares and set up trades with everyone and gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can do so up to three steps up rather than just two.
- Thug Life: Goblins are adept at taking what isn’t theirs, gaining a +2 racial bonus on the steal combat maneuver.
Offense Racial Traits
- Goblin Punch: Once per day, goblins are able to cast Goblin Punch using their Intelligence modifier for the saving throw and their level as the caster level.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: All goblins can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Gobby Skill Bonus: Goblins are very good at crafting magical and cursed items and gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft skill checks. This racial trait replaces goblin’s unique handle on things.
- Greedilox: Like qiqirn, goblins are very greedy and gain a +2 bonus on Appraise and a +2 Diplomacy (for selling) checks to determine the price of non-magical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones. They will often appraise it higher to get a better selling price of +5%. This racial trait replaces craftsman.
- Hardy: Not everyone tests the poisons they use, but goblins do. After several applications, they start to build resistances against certain poisons and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. This racial trait replaces silver tongued.
- Hobgoblinoid: Hobgoblins are stronger than their normal gobbo cousins, as well as more charismatic, but less intelligent. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, and -2 Intelligence. Hobgoblins are medium creatures, unlike their crafty brethren, and thus, move faster, gaining a 30-ft. movement speed. This racial trait modifies the base Goblin’s ability score, size, and movement racial traits.
- Pyromaniac: Goblins love to burn and are treated as +1 level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor and determining the damage of chemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give goblins early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait. If a goblin has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, it also gains the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the goblin’s character level): 1/day—burst of light, dancing lights, ignite, and torchlight. This racial trait replaces master tinker and goblin’s unique handle on things.
- Scavenger: Goblins are always looking for loot and trash they can use to build better crafts or things to meld down and use for their engineering and gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces master tinkerer.
The following feats are available to a goblin character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to goblins:
- Fire Bomber (Chemist; Goblin)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Black Mage: Add +1/2 point of fire damage to spells that deal fire damage cast by the black mage.
- Chemist: Add +1/2 to bomb damage.
- Cleric: Add +1 to channel energy damage dealt to creatures denied their Dexterity bonus to AC (whether or not the creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC).
- Engineer: Add +1/2 bonus to Craft skill checks.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/4 to the shield bonus of the keen edge ability.
- Medic: Add +1/3 to the amount of temporary hit points granted by the medic’s battlefield inspiration.
- Thief: Add +1 to the thief’s CMD when resisting a grapple or reposition attempt.