|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Str, +2 Cha, –2 Dex)||0|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus (intimidate)||2|
Distant cousins of the galka, the roegadyns are a maritime people whose largest concentrations are found in the northern seas, by way of which they came to Eorzea.
They have enormous, muscular builds and are known for the cultural emphasis they place on competition and unflinching courage, although tender, introspective individuals can also be found. Roegadyns in and around the Limsa Lominsa area are typically seamen putting in at port, but many have settled permanently, becoming mercenaries, bodyguards, or even pirates by trade. Far away, deep in the mountains of Ul’dah, live mountain clans of reclusive roegadyns known as the Hellsguard, said to have mastered the magical arts.
Female roegadyns have fierce faces and large muscular builds, not unlike their male kin, but they are sleeker. They are not as massive as male roegadyns, and are a little shorter than their male counterparts (7’3″ at max height for females and 7’5″ for the males). Female sea wolf roegadyns have fair skin (even more so than males) and are slim compared to Hellsguard women, while the latter have more robust physiques and brownish skin compared to male Hellsguard.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Roegadyns are strong, boastful, but not too nimble. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, and -2 Dexterity.
- Size: Roegadyns are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Roegadyns are humanoids with the roegadyn subtype.
- Base Speed: Roegadyns have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Roegadyns begin play speaking Common and Roegadyn. Roegadyns with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarven, Elvaan, Giant, Goblin, Lalafellan, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Hardy: Roegadyns receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of roegadyns lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a roegadyn is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the roegadyn is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A roegadyn is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. The benefits of this racial trait don’t stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category (including Giant Weapon Wielder).
- Stability: Roegadyns receive a +4 bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Imposing Figure: Roegadyns are intimidating without trying. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Cornered Fury: Roegadyns that are reduced to half their hit points or fewer and have no conscious ally within 30 feet, they gain a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Roegadyns have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Battle-Hardened: Incessant drills make defense second nature to some roegadyns. Roegadyns with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus to CMD. This racial trait replaces stability.
- Ferocity: Once per day, when a roegadyn is brought below 0 hit points but not killed, he can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying. This racial trait replaces cornered fury.
- Sea Legs: Many roegadyns find their way onto the water early in their youth, whether they live with trader families, work as smugglers, or plunder alongside pirates. These roegadyns receive a +2 racial bonus on Swim checks, as well as a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks to move on narrow or slippery surfaces, and on Climb checks on docks and ships. This racial trait replaces imposing figure.
- Stoic: Some roegadyns learn to suppress their strong emotions. They don’t usually gain morale bonuses, but instead gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against emotion and fear effects, and the DC to intimidate them increases by 2. They can choose to gain morale bonuses when they would normally be able to do so, but if they do, they lose the benefits from this racial trait for 24 hours. This racial trait replaces imposing figure.
Variant Roegadyn Heritages
Although many roegadyns follow the general model of the standard roegadyn, many more do not. Those of different lineages may evince dramatically different manifestations of their heritage, both in appearance and in ability. Here are 3 different potential heritages for roegadyn PCs. If you choose to use a specific bloodline instead of the general rules for creating a roegadyn, you should work with your GM to ensure that your character’s appearance reflects that bloodline.
- Alternate Skill Modifiers: While most roegadyns gain a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks, those of the variant heritages listed below gain a modifier to different skill.
Table: Variant Roegadyn Heritages
|Heritage||Ability Modifiers||Alternate Skill Modifier||Description|
|Lohengarde||+2 STR, +2 INT, -2 DEX||Spellcraft||Also known as the Hellsguard, Lohengarde live near a volcano believed to be the gate to hell, and freely use magic.|
|Othardian||+2 STR, +2 WIS, -2 CHA||Knowledge (Nature)||Native to the continent of Othard, Othardian Roegadyn have skin tones similar to a Hume, and lack the flattened nose of other Roegadyn.|
|Sea Wolf||+2 STR, +2 CHA, -2 INT||Swim||The Sea Wolves hail from the islands of the far north seas, where they subsist as fishermen and -women.|
The following feats are available to a roegadyn character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to roegadyns:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Black Belt: Add 1/4 to the black belt’s effective level to determine unarmed strike damage.
- Dark Knight: Add +1/6 on attack and damage rolls for Darkside.
- Fighter: Add +1 to CMD against bull rush or overrun maneuvers.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/6 of a new gun arm technique.
- Knight: Add +1 to the knight’s total number of defensive stance rounds per day.
- Samurai: Add +1/3 to the samurai’s critical confirmation rolls.
- Sword Saint: Add a +2 bonus on rolls to stabilize when dying.