|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Type||Humanoid (nu mou)||0|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Specialized (+2 Int, +2 Wis, –2 Con)||1|
|Feat and Skill||Sagacious / Shards of the Past||4|
|Feat and Skill||Skill bonus x2 (diplomacy and handle animal)||4|
The wise and gentle nu mous, a tribe of lop-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Nu mous are very wise and intelligent, but lack the stamina due to spending so much time researching. They gain +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Constitution.
- Type: Nu mous are Humanoid creatures with the nu mou subtype.
- Size: Nu mous are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Base Speed: (Slow Speed) Nu mous have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Nu mous begin play speaking Common and Numish. Nu mous with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Banganese, Celestial, Draconic, Giant, Moogle, Sylvan and Vieran. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Sagacious: Nu mous receive a +2 racial bonus on any two Knowledge skills. These two knowledge skills count as class skills for the nu mou.
Spoken: Nu mous receive a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Handle Animal checks.
Magical Racial Trait
- Adept: Nu mous gain a +1 bonus to caster level when determining spell effects. Nu mous with Intelligence scores of 11 or higher can pick and cast three 0-
level black mage spells, once each per day, using their total character level as caster level.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Nu mous can see twice as far as humes in conditions of dim light.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Poor Swimmer: Nu mous take a –
4 penalty on Swim checks.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Integrated: Many nu mous are skilled in the art of ingratiating themselves into a community as if they were natives. Nu mous with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Bluff, Disguise, and Knowledge (local) checks. This racial trait replaces sagacious.
- Lorespeaker: Most nu mous are knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics, but a lorespeaker recalls knowledge forgotten by others. A nu mou with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained. This racial trait replaces sagacious and well-spoken.
- Magic Resistant: Some nu mous are particularly resistant to magic. Nu mous with this racial trait gain spell resistance equal to 10 + their character level. This resistance can be lowered for 1 round as a standard action. This racial trait replaces sagacious.
- Power Master: Nu mous train for years to become adaptable to all weapons that are surrounded by magic. Nu mous gain proficiency with all Power Weapons. If the nu mou gains proficiency with any of these weapons from their favored class, they gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with those specific weapons. This racial trait replaces adept.
- Sociable: Nu mous are skilled at charming others and recovering from faux pas. If nu mous with this racial trait attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed. This racial trait replaces sagacious.
- Sociable Intellectual: Some nu mous, though still excellent scholars, are able to hold discourse more effectively, though they lack the common sense common to the race. Nu mous with this racial trait gain +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma and -2 Constitution. This racial trait replaces their standard ability scores.
- Threats Known: Rather than study history or magic, some nu mous learn all they can of various creatures and races. A nu mou with this racial trait can make an appropriate Knowledge check when first encountering a foe. A successful check grants the nu mou the normal benefits of such a check, plus one of the following benefits for 1 minute: +4 initiative, +1 dodge to AC, +2 to one saving throw versus a known attack or ability. Making this check is a free action. If a nu mou spends a move action when making this check, he can impart the benefit to an ally instead of himself. This racial trait replaces adept.
- Truespeaker: There are some nu mous whose language transcends all boundaries. They gain a +2 bonus on Linguistics and Sense Motive checks, and they learn two languages each time they gain a rank in Linguistics. This racial trait replaces well-
The following feats are available to a nu mou character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to nu mous:
- Academician (Scholar; Nu Mou)
- Eldritch Raider (Thief; Nu Mou)
- Elemental Knight (Red Mage; Nu Mou)
- Spellshaper (Illusionist; Nu Mou)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Astrologian: Add one spell known from the astrologian spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the astrologian can cast.
- Black Mage: Add one spell known from the black mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the black mage can cast.
- Blue Mage: Add +1/6 bonus to all Knowledge skill checks.
- Cleric: Add one spell known from the cleric spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the cleric can cast.
- Illusionist: Add +1/6 to the DC for all illusion spells.
- Necromancer: Add +1 skill rank to the necromancer’s bone commander. If the necromancer ever replaces his bone commander, the new bone commander gains these bonus skill ranks.
- Red Mage: Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks made to cast defensively.
- Scholar: Increase total number of points in the scholar’s arcane reservoir by 1.
- Summoner: The amount of time the summoner must spend to summon his avatar is reduced by 1 round, to a minimum of 1 round.
- Thief: The thief gains a +1/2 bonus on Disable Device and Use Magic Device checks related to glyphs, symbols, scrolls, and other magical writings.
- Time Mage: Add +1/6 of an additional d4 to one skill check or ability check when you spend a mote to boost such a check.
- White Mage: Add one spell known from the white mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the white mage can cast.