|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Paragon (+4 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha)||1|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus (acrobatics or climb and jump)||2|
|Feat and Skill||Static Bonus Feat (Throw Anything)||2|
|Feat and Skill||Weapon Familiarity x2 (greataxes, falchions and orc weapons)||2|
The orcs are a race of hulking, tribal beastmen who hail from the northern continent of Rhazowa, where their Empire resides. They also have a substantial military presence in the Middle Lands, namely the continent of Quon, where they have a small outpost called Ghelsba in the Ronfaure region, and a large stronghold known as Davoi in the Norvallen region. These settlements are very close to the Elvaan Kingdom of San d’Oria, and are lead by Overlord Bakgodek.
Orcs are born with an innate lust for battle, which is put to good use, living in a society that requires all to participate in military training. Strength is valued above all in the orcish society, with the strongest among them rising in influence and power. All orcs–male and female–are required to participate in years of military training, and even their social structure is based on military ranks.
Most orcs choose to follow the physical side of combat, becoming warriors, monks, dragoons, even archers, while others choose to incorporate magic into their tactics, becoming dark knights or holy knights. Others still choose to forgo physical combat completely and become black mages. These orcs are often known as Shamans and are presumably held in very high regard.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Orcs are brutal and savage. They gain +4 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
- Size: Orcs are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Orcs are humanoids with the orc subtype.
- Base Speed: Orcs have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Orcs begin play speaking Common and Orc. Orcs with high Intelligence scores can chose from the following: Dwarven, Giant, Kobold, Goblin, Moblin and Undercommon.
Defense Racial Traits
- Hardy: Orcs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Skill Bonus: Orcs gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatic checks made with this skill. Alternatively, Orcs also gain a +1 racial bonus on Climb and Jump Skills.
- Throw Anything: Orcs will throw anything that it engages as a way for it to make sure it is the victor. Orcs gain the Throw Anything feat.
- Weapon Familiarity: Orcs are always proficient with greataxes and falchions, and any weapon with the word “orc” in its name.
Offense Racial Traits
- Ferocity: Orcs possess the ferocity ability which allows them to remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0. Orcs are still staggered at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Orcs have been known to attack travelers both in the early morning and dusk and therefore receive low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Can’t Let Them Live and Tell: Orcs are very adamant on keeping their strongholds hidden from the rest of the world and gain a +10 foot racial bonus to their movement speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions. The racial trait replaces skill bonus.
- Darkvision: Some orcs favor the lightless depths of mountains. Orcs with this racial trait gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet and light sensitivity. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
- Feral: Orcs have the ability to fend for themselves long before they master the rudiments of their language and culture. Having needed to hunt bugs and tiny animals for food to survive while still infants, feral orcs fight all the harder to survive when at the brink of death. Orcs with this racial trait gain Survival as a class skill and gain a +1 racial bonus on melee weapon attack and damage rolls when at negative hit points. The racial trait replaces throw anything.
- Reckless Climber: Mountain-dwelling orcs thrive on taking insane risks to defeat foes and show up rivals. They gain a +4 racial bonus on Climb checks without rope and on Acrobatics checks to maintain balance. This racial trait replaces throw anything.
- Squalid: Orcs exist in surroundings so filthy and pestilent that even other orcs would have difficulty living in them. Orcs with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made to resist nausea, the sickened condition, and disease. This racial trait replaces skill bonus.
- Stalker: Perception and Stealth are always class skills for orcs. The racial trait replaces skill bonus.
- Warcry: An orc can activate this ability once per day, as a swift action. An orc that uses warcry grants himself +2 to attack and damage rolls to himself and all other allies within 30 foot radius of himself. This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to the orc’s Constitution modifier (minimum of 1). The racial trait replaces skill bonus and throw anything.
The following racial archetypes are available to orcs:
- Hateful Rager (Beastmaster; Orc)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with bows or crossbows (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus feat.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Black Belt: Add +1 to the black belt’s CMD when she’s resisting a trip or overrun combat maneuver.
- Black Mage: Add +1/2 point of fire damage to spells that deal fire damage cast by the black mage.
- Dark Knight: Add +1/4 to the number of defiles the dark knight can inflict.
- Dragoon: The dragoon gains +1/6 of an additional 1d6 points of deadly lancer damage.
- Fighter: Add a +1/2 circumstance bonus to confirm critical hits when attacking with weapons from the close or light blade weapon groups (maximum bonus +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Holy Knight: Add +1/4 to the number of blessings the holy knight can heal.