|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Str, +2 Wis, –2 Cha)||0|
|Defense||Energy Resistance (ice)||1|
|Feat and Skill||Mountaineers||4|
|Feat and Skill||Skill bonus (intimidate and survival)||4|
|Offense||Natural Attack (gore)||1|
|Weakness||Stand On Your Own Feet||-2|
Ronsos are a race of many-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Ronsos are strong and often wise, but gruff in demeanor. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, and –
- Size: Ronsos are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Ronsos are humanoids with the ronso subtype.
- Base Speed: Ronsos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Ronsos begin play speaking Common and Ronsaur. Ronsos with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Galkan, Giant, Goblin, Lalafellan, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages
Defense Racial Traits
- Arctic Fur: Ronsos are immune to environmental damage from cold weather (below 40° F degrees). In conditions of extreme cold (below 0° F degrees), ronsos suffer the normal conditions for cold weather, not the harsher conditions for extreme cold. In addition, ronsos gain Ice Resistance 5.
- Fearless: Ronsos receive a +2 racial bonus on saves against fear spells and effects.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Intimidating Build: Ronsos are intimidating even when they don’t mean to be. Ronsos gain a +2 racial bonus on intimidation checks.
- Mountaineers: Ronsos are adept climbers, gaining a +2 racial bonus on Climb checks. In addition, they are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Survivalist: Ronsos are hunters and can hunt in the best and worst of weather conditions. They gain a +2 racial bonus on all Survival checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Gore: Ronsos can use their horns as a natural attack that deals 1d6 points of damage. This is a primary natural attack.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: All ronsos can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Stand On Your Own Feet: Ronsos do not do well when traveling by means other than their own two feet. They take a –2 penalty to all Fly and Ride checks.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
Hardened: Incessant drills make defense second nature to some ronsos. Ronsos with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus to CMD. This racial trait replaces survivalist.
- Fearsome: Some ronsos scorn caution and subtlety for swagger and bluster. Ronsos with this racial trait gain a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces intimidating build and survivalist.
- Hornless: Due to intent or misfortune, these ronsos have lost their horns. Ronsos with this racial trait take a -4 penalty on Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidate checks made against their fellow Ronsos, but their scorn has hardened their will, granting the ronsos with this racial trait a +1 bonus on all Will saves. This ability replaces gore.
- Lion’s Claws: Some ronsos have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. Ronsos with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces arctic fur.
- Magehunter: Ronsos hate and fear spellcasters. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify a spell being cast and a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against spellcasters. They only gain this bonus against creatures that use spells, and not against those that only use spell-
like abilities. This racial trait replaces fearless.
Variant Ronso Heritages
Although many ronsos follow the general model of the standard ronso, many more do not. Those of different lineages may evince dramatically different manifestations of their heritage, both in appearance and in ability. Here are 2 different potential heritages for ronso PCs. If you choose to use a specific bloodline instead of the general rules for creating a ronso, you should work with your GM to ensure that your character’s appearance reflects that bloodline.
- Alternate Ability: While most ronsos typically gain a gore attack, those of the variant heritages listed below gain a different ability.
Table: Variant Ronso Heritages
|Heritage||Ability Modifiers||Alternate Ability||Description|
|Helion Hrothgar||+2 STR, +2 INT, -2 WIS||Ferocity: Once per day, when a hrothgar is brought below 0 hit points but not killed, he can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.||In ages past, the Helions of southern Ilsabard served under a singular matriarchal rule, their lives revolving around their queen.|
|Lost Hrothgar||+2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 CHA||Cat's Luck: Ronsos gain the following extraordinary ability: Once per day, when a ronso makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.||Their cold fur is said to be a symbol of their independent nature, driving them away from the warm embrace of their queen.|
The following feats are available to a ronso character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to ronsos:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Beastmaster: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with unarmed strikes or natural weapons (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Blue Mage: Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks made to cast defensively.
- Dark Knight: Add +1 to the dark knight’s holy element resistance (maximum +10).
- Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon’s attack rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
- Fighter: Add +1/2 to damage dealt on a charge attack.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/4 to the number of uses for the aurora ability.
- Knight: Add +1 to the knight’s total number of defensive stance rounds per day.
- Samurai: Add +1/2 to Intimidate skill checks.