Half-breeds blend the two aspects of two races together. This is usually Humes and Mithra or Humes and Elvaans, but other races have occurred from this coupling. The only races that can’t intermingle are the Galka, Genomes, Shindroids and Mandragoras. All racial traits chosen must be from the base race and not from any alternate racial traits. Note: This race isn’t bound by RP limit such as the other races. Beware allowing players to use this race, like Freelancers, they are somewhat customizable and can get out of hand.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Half-breed characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Size: Half-breeds are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size, unless both base races are small. If one of the base races is small, you can decide if you wish to be Medium or Small.
- Type: Half-breeds are humanoid creatures with the subtypes of both of their base race.
- Base Speed: Half-breeds have a base speed equal to half their combined movement speed from their base races. If one or more base races have a fly, climb, or burrow speed, half-breeds gain half the movement amount instead or an average if both races possesses both movement modes.
- Languages: Half-breeds begin play speaking Common and one other from their chosen base races. Half-breeds with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Select one defense racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Select one feat and skill racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Magical Racial Traits
- Select one magical racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Movement Racial Traits
- Select one movement racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Offense Racial Traits
- Select one offense racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Other Racial Traits
- Blood: Half-breeds count as both their base races for any effect related to race.
- Multitalented: Half-breeds choose two favored classes at first level and gain an additional +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.
Senses Racial Traits
- Select one senses racial trait (of 3 RP or less) from either of the two base races (if any).
Weakness Racial Traits
- Select one weakness racial trait from either of the two base races (if any).
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Ancestral Arms: Some half-breeds receive training in an unusual weapon. Half-breeds with this racial trait receive Exotic Weapon Proficiency or Martial Weapon Proficiency with one weapon as a bonus feat at 1st level. This racial trait replaces the feat and skill or offense racial trait.
- Dual Minded: The mixed ancestry of some half-breeds makes them resistant to mental attacks. Half-breeds with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on all Will saving throws. This racial trait replaces the defense racial trait.
- Eye for Opportunity: Constantly facing the rough edges of two societies, some half-breeds develop a knack for finding overlooked opportunities. They gain a +1 racial bonus on attacks of opportunity. This racial trait replaces the defense racial trait.
- Mismatched: Rather than having bodily and facial features that are a blend of both races, or tending towards one parent or the other, a rare few half-breeds have a strange combination of features. They have noticeable mismatched eyes and ears, as well as uneven limbs. Half-breeds with this trait take a –2 penalty on Reflex saves but receive a +4 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces the feat and skill racial traits.
- Scavenger: Forced to survive on their own as outcasts, some Half-Breeds learn to make do with what little they have. Half-Breeds with this trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces multitalented.
- Sociable: Half-breeds are skilled at charming others and recovering from faux pas. If half-breeds with this racial trait attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed. This racial trait replaces the feat and skill racial trait.
- Stubborn: Some Half-breeds, either due to prejudice or being physically or mentally inferior to one of their parent’s races, learn to overcome their circumstances through sheer, unbridled willpower. Half-Breeds with this trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enfeebling school. In addition, if a half-breed fails such a save, it receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the half-breed has a similar ability from another source, it can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. This racial trait replaces multitalented.
- Wary: Many half-breeds have spent their long lives moving from place to place, often driven out by the hostility of others. Such experiences have made them wary of others’ motivations. half-breeds with this trait gain a +1 racial bonus on Sense Motive and Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces the feat and skill racial trait.
- Water Child: Some half-breeds have adapted to life on or near the water. These half-breeds gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming, and may choose Aquan as a bonus language. This racial trait replaces the feat and skill and multitalented racial traits.
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward. In addition, all characters of this race may select racial favored class options and archetypes as if they were a full member of both races.
- Archer: Add +1/4 to the archer’s damage rolls with bows and crossbows.
- Astrologian: Add one spell known from the astrologian spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the astrologian can cast.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the beastmaster’s animal companion. If the beastmaster ever replaces his companion, the new companion gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
- Berserker: Add +1/4 to the bonus on Reflex saves and dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s total number of bardic performance rounds per day.
- Black Belt: Add 1 to the black belt’s CMD when he’s resisting a trip or overrun combat maneuver.
- Black Mage: When casting black mage enfeebling spells, add +1/3 to the effective caster level of the spell, but only to determine the spell’s duration.
- Blue Mage: Add one spell known from the blue mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the blue mage can cast.
- Chemist: Add +1 foot to the range increment of the chemist’s thrown splash weapons (including the chemist’s bombs). This option has no effect unless the chemist has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); a range increment of 24 feet is effectively the same as a range increment of 20 feet, for example.
- Chocobo Knight: Add +1 foot to the chocobo knight’s mount’s base speed. This option has no effect unless the chocobo knight has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); a speed of 54 feet is effectively a speed of 50 feet, for example. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new companion gains this base speed bonus.
- Cleric: Add +1/3 to the amount of damage dealt or damage healed when the cleric uses channel energy.
- Dancer: Add +1/4 point to the dancer’s ki pool.
- Dark Knight: Add +1 to the dark knight’s holy element resistance (maximum +10).
- Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon’s damage rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
- Engineer: Add +1 hit point or +1 to one saving throw to the engineer’s automaton. If the engineer ever replaces his automaton, the new automaton gains these bonus hit points or saving throw bonuses.
- Fencer: Increase the total number of points in the fencer’s panache pool by 1/4.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or overrun combat maneuver.
- Freelancer: Add +1 JP to the freelancer’s JP pool. This has no effect unless the freelancer has selected this reward ten times.
- Gambler: Add +1/6 for a new gambler gambit.
- Geomancer: Add one spell known from the geomancer spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the geomancer can cast.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/6 of a new gunbreaker talent.
- Gunner: Add +1/4 point to the gunner’s grit points.
- Holy Knight: Add +1 to the holy knight’s shadow element resistance (maximum +10).
- Illusionist: Add +1/4 point to the veil pool ability.
- Knight: Add +1/6 to gain a new knight talent.
- Medic: The medic gains +1/6 of a new medical practice.
- Monk: Add +1/2 on Escape Artist checks and on Acrobatics checks to cross narrow surfaces.
- Necromancer: Add one spell known from the necromancer spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the necromancer can cast.
- Ninja: Add +1/4 point to the ninja’s ki pool.
- Red Mage: Add +1/4 point to the red mage’s arcane pool.
- Samurai: Add +1/6 to the samurai’s known Bushidos.
- Scholar: When casting scholar enfeebling spells, add 1/3 to the effective caster level, but only for the purpose of determining duration.
- Summoner: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the summoner’s avatar.
- Sword Saint: Add +1 to the sword saint’s CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character’s choice.
- Thief: Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to feint and Diplomacy checks to gather information.
- Time Mage: Add 1/6 of a temporal talent. (One additional temporal talent for every six times you select this option.)
- White Mage: Add one spell known from the white mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the white mage can cast.