|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Dex, +2 Cha, –2 Wis)||0|
|Defense||Lesser Defensive Training (yagudo)||1|
|Feat and Skill||Fleet-Footed||3|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus x3 (perception, stealth and survival)||6|
Graceful and agile, the feline Mithra hail originally from Khazam, but crossed the great sea to fight the crystal war at the side of the other races of Vana’diel. They currently share the city of Windurst with the Taru-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Mithra are sociable and agile, but often lack common sense. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom.
- Type: Mithra are humanoids with the mithra subtype.
- Size: Mithra are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Mithra have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Mithra begin play speaking Common and Mithran. Mithra with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Elvaan, Lupin, Goblin, Lalafellan, Orc, and Vieran.
Defense Racial Traits
- Cat’s Luck (Ex): Once per day, when a mithra makes a Reflex saving throw, she gains the lucky status effect for this one roll. She must decide to use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.
- Lesser Defensive Training: With their peaceful life being threatened by the yagudo, mithra tend to be more cautious around them. Mithra gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against yagudo.
- Nimble Faller: Mithra have an amazing sense of balance and keen knowledge of their own center of gravity. Mithra land on their feet even when they take lethal damage from a fall and take damage as if the fall were 10 feet shorter than it actually is. Furthermore, mithra gain a +1 bonus to their CMD against trip maneuvers.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Fleet-Footed: Mithra receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks.
- Natural Hunter: Mithra receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks.
Movement Racial Traits
- Sprinter: Mithra gain a 10-
foot racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Mithra have low- light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Cat’s Claws: Some mithra have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. Mithra with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Clever Cat: Mithra’s generally friendly disposition doesn’t preclude craftiness. Some of them see social obstacles as games to be played and won. These mithra receive a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Climber: Mithra hunters excel at hunting prey from trees and other high vantage points. Mithra with this racial trait possess a climb speed of 20 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks a climb speed affords). This racial trait replaces sprinter.
- Curiosity: Mithra are naturally inquisitive about the world around them, though some are more curious than others. Such mithra gain a +4 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information, and Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) are always class skills for them. If they choose a class that has either of these Knowledge skills as class skills, they gain a +2 racial bonus on those skills instead. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Dexterous Tail: Mithra with this trait have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action. This racial trait replaces sprinter.
- Jungle Stalker: Mithra often live in deeply forested terrain and they have become naturally sure-footed to maintain their hunting prowess in these dangerous environments. Such mithra gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks and can ignore the first square of difficult terrain caused by foliage each round. This racial trait replaces cat’s luck and sprinter.
- Miqo’te Heritage: These mithra are not threatened by the Yagudo, but by the Ixal. Mithra with this racial trait gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC versus Ixal enemies. This racial trait replaces lesser defensive training.
- Scent: Some mithra favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. Mithra with this racial trait gain the scent ability. This racial trait replaces the low-
Variant Mithra Heritages
Although many mithras follow the general model of the standard mithra, many more do not. Those of different lineages may evince dramatically different manifestations of their heritage, both in appearance and in ability. Here are 8 different potential heritages for mithra PCs. If you choose to use a specific bloodline instead of the general rules for creating a mithra, you should work with your GM to ensure that your character’s appearance reflects that bloodline.
- Alternate Skill Modifiers: While most mithras gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks, those of the variant heritages listed below gain a modifier to different skills.
Table: Variant Mithra Heritages
|Heritage||Ability Modifiers||Alternate Skill Modifiers||Description|
|Cheetara||+4 DEX, -2 STR, -2 CON||Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist||Fast and lithe, these speedy mithra seek a fun life in the fast lane.|
|Jagara||+2 WIS, +2 INT, -2 CON||Knowledge (Arcana), Spellcraft, Use Magic Device||Wily and knowledgeable, these mithra want to understand the ways of magic.|
|Keepers of the Moon||+2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 STR||Acrobatics, Stealth, Survival||Shying from the garish light of day, they revel in the shroud of night, with most offering their piety to the moon.|
|Liono||+2 STR, +2 CHA, -2 WIS||Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (Nobility)||Loyal and royalty-borne, these mithra seek to unite all mithra races.|
|Panthro||+2 STR, +2 INT, -2 CHA||Disable Device, Drive, Knowledge (Technology)||Strong and smart, these mithra want to build unique vehicles and expand technology|
|Pumyra||+2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 CON||Craft (Alchemy), Heal, Sense Motive||Sleek and wise, these mithra seek to heal the wounded.|
|Seekers of the Sun||+2 DEX, +2 CHA, -2 INT||Acrobatics, Bluff, Perform (Dance)||Lithe and agile, these diurnal Mithra seek the warm light of the day. Due to their appearance, they are often found as dancers in various establishments.|
|Tygra||+2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CON||Disable Device, Knowledge (Technology), Pilot||Intelligent and agile, these mithra want to create new technology to advance their species|
The following feats are available to a mithra character who meets the prerequisites.
Racial Archetypes & Bloodlines
The following racial archetypes are available to mithra:
Mithra Thief Talents
The following thief talents can only be taken by mithra.
- Deadly Scratch (Ex): A mithra thief with this talent can apply poison to her claws without accidentally poisoning herself. A mithra thief must have the cat’s claws racial trait and the poison use class feature before taking this talent.
- Disarming Luck (Ex): Once per day, when a mithra thief attempts to disable a device and fails by 5 or more, she can reroll the check as a free action. She must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll.
- Graceful Faller (Ex): A mithra thief with this talent lands on her feet even when she takes lethal damage from a fall. If the mithra thief also has the nimble faller racial trait, she takes damage from any fall as if it were 20 feet shorter than it actually is.
- Nimble Climber (Ex): A mithra thief with this talent gains a +4 bonus on Climb checks. If she has the climber racial trait, she can take 10 on her Climb checks even when in immediate danger or distracted.
Minded Appraiser (Ex): A mithra thief with this talent is skilled at determining the value of sparkly things. She can always take 10 when appraising gems and jewelry.
- Vicious Claws (Ex): A mithra with this talent uses d8s to roll sneak attack damage instead of d6s, but only when she uses her claws to make the sneak attack. A mithra thief must have the cat’s claws racial trait before taking this talent.
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with bows or crossbows (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus feat.
- Astrologian: Add +1/4 to the astrologian’s Reflex saving throws versus area effects.
- Bard: Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to lie and a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information.
- Beastmaster: Add +2.5 feet to the distance the beastmaster can charge or run through rough terrain. This option has no effect unless the beastmaster has selected it twice possesses increments evenly divisible by 5); a distance of 12.5 feet is effectively the same as a distance of 10 feet, for example.
- Berserker: Add +2.5 feet to the distance the berserker can charge or run through rough terrain. This option has no effect unless the berserker has selected it twice possesses increments evenly divisible by 5); a distance of 12.5 feet is effectively the same as a distance of 10 feet, for example.
- Black Belt: Add +1 to the black belt’s CMD when she’s resisting a trip or overrun combat maneuver.
- Black Mage: Add a +1 bonus on Concentration checks made due to taking damage while casting black mage spells.
- Blue Mage: Add +1/6 bonus to Knowledge (all) skill checks.
- Chemist: The chemist gains +1/6 of a new discovery.
- Chocobo Knight: Add 5 feet (up to 15 feet maximum) to the chocobo knight’s mount’s speed when it uses the charge or withdraw action.
- Cleric: Add +1 to channel energy damage dealt to creatures denied their Dexterity bonus to AC (whether or not the creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC).
- Dancer: Add +1/2 on Escape Artist checks and on Acrobatics checks to cross narrow surfaces.
- Dark Knight: Add +1/2 hit point to the dark knight’s harm touch ability (whether using it to heal or harm).
- Dragoon: The dragoon gains +1/6 of an additional 1d6 points of deadly lancer damage.
- Druid: Add +1 hit points to the druid’s animal companion. If the druid ever replaces her animal companion, the new animal companion gains these bonus hit points.
- Engineer: The engineer gains +1/6 of an additional 1d6 points of repair healing.
- Fencer: Add +1/4 to the number of panache points the fencer regains at the start of each day; her maximum panache also increases by this amount.
- Fighter: Add a +1/2 circumstance bonus to confirm critical hits when attacking with weapons from the close or light blade weapon groups (maximum bonus +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Freelancer: Add +1 JP to the freelancer’s JP pool. This has no effect unless the freelancer has selected this reward ten times.
- Gambler: Add +1/6 to the gambler’s initiative rolls.
- Geomancer: Add +1/2 to the bonus on initiative checks the geomancer gains based on favored terrain.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/4 to the number of uses for the aurora ability.
- Gunner: Add +1/3 to the gunner’s AC when using the gunner’s dodge deed.
- Holy Knight: Add +1 to the amount of damage the holy knight heals with lay on hands, but only when the holy knight uses that ability on herself.
- Illusionist: Add +1/2 bonus on Disguise skill checks.
- Knight: Add +1/4 to the dodge bonus to AC while in a defensive stance.
- Medic: The medic gains +1/6 of an additional 1d6 points of surgical precision damage.
- Monk: Add +1 feet to the speed the monk can move while making a Stealth check without taking a penalty. This has no effect unless the monk has selected this reward five times (or another increment of five). This does not allow the monk to use Stealth while running or charging.
- Necromancer: The necromancer gains +1/6 of an additional use of harm touch.
- Ninja: Add a +1 bonus to attack rolls when attacking on or charging from higher ground.
- Red Mage: Add a +1/6 bonus to melee weapon attack rolls when using spell combat and fighting with unarmed strikes or natural weapons.
- Samurai: Add +1/6 to the samurai’s initiative rolls.
- Scholar: Add +2.5 feet to the distance the scholar can move when using the dimensional slide exploit, up to a maximum of 1.5 times the usual distance she could move at her given level. This option has no effect unless the scholar has selected it twice (or possesses increments evenly divisible by 5); a distance of 12.5 feet is effectively the same as a distance of 10 feet, for example.
- Summoner: Add +1/4 to the number of hit points the summoner’s avatar regains per hit point sacrificed when using the life link ability.
- Sword Saint: Add +1 to the sword saint’s CMD when resisting a disarm or overrun combat maneuver.
- Thief: Add a +1/2 bonus on stealth checks and perception checks made in dim light or darkness.
- Time Mage: Add +1/4 of an additional d3 to a roll when the time mage spends a mote to boost an Acrobatics or Climb check.
- White Mage: Add +1 to the amount of damage the white mage heals with lay on hands, but only when the white mage uses that ability on herself.