|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Specialized (+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Cha)||1|
Lizardmen are proud and powerful reptilian predators that make their communal homes in scattered villages deep within swamps and marshes. Uninterested in colonization of the dry lands and content with the simple weapons and rituals that have served them well for millennia, lizardmen are viewed by many other races as backwater savages, but within their isolated communities lizardmen are actually a vibrant people filled with tradition and an oral history stretching back to before humes walked upright.
Lizardman Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Lizardmen are strong and dextrous, but are unsociable. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, and -2 Charisma.
- Size: Lizardmen are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Lizardmen are Monstrous Humanoid creatures with the reptilian subtype.
- Base Speed: Lizardmen have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Lizardmen begin play speaking Common and Lizardman. Lizardmen with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elvaan, Galkan, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Water Resistant: Lizardmen gain a Water Resistance of 5.
- Natural Armor: Lizardmen have tough scaly skin, granting them a +1 natural armor bonus.
Movement Racial Traits
- Amphibious: Lizardmen can breathe both in and out of the water, making it ideal to fish and gather materials off of the sea floor for trading purposes.
- Fast Swimmer: Lizardmen have a swim speed of 60 feet and thus gain a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks
Offense Racial Traits
- Bite: Lizardmen gain a natural bite attack, dealing damage equivalent to that of a creature two size categories lower than normal for their size (1d2 for Small races, 1d3 for Medium, etc.). The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the creature is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Claws: Lizardmen receive two claw attacks. These are primary natural attacks. The damage is based on the creature’s size (1d4 for Medium creatures.)
- Tail Slap: Lizardmen have a long, prehensile tail that can be used to strike at out-of-reach targets. The tail slap deals 1d4 damage (for Medium creatures) and has an additional 5-ft. of reach. This natural attack counts as a secondary attack.
Senses Racial Traits
- Blindsense: Lizardmen have blindsense with a range of 30 feet
- Darkvision: Lizardmen can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Lizardmen can see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Greed: Most lizardmen crave treasure, but for some, amassing wealth is a compulsion. Lizardmen with this trait gain a +2 on racial bonus on Appraise checks, and Appraise is a class skill for them. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Sleight of Hand checks when attempting to take items from other creatures. They can also use their tails to attempt these Sleight of Hand checks. This racial trait replaces tail slap.
- Prehensile Tail: Lizardmen’s tails are especially flexible and strong, so they’ve learned to use it for both movement and simple tricks. Lizardmen with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks, and they can use their tail to draw a hidden weapon as a move action instead of as a standard action. This racial trait replaces natural armor.
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/4 to the archer’s damage rolls with bows and crossbows.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to an animal companion’s CMD when adjacent to the beastmaster. If the beastmaster ever replaces his animal companion, the new animal companion gains this bonus.
- Berserker: Add +1 to the berserker’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Dragoon: Add +1/2 bonus to Acrobatic skill checks for jumping.
- Fencer: Increase the total number of points in the fencer’s panache pool by 1/4.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder.
- Gunbreaker: Add +1/6 of a new gunbreaker talent.
- Gunner: Add +1/4 point to the gunner’s grit points.
- Ninja: Add +1/4 point to the ninja’s ki pool.
- Samurai: Add +1/2 to Perception skill checks.
- Thief: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using sneak attack (maximum bonus of +5). This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat.