|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Dex, +2 Wis, –2 Con)||0|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus (perception)||2|
|Feat and Skill||Skill training (stealth and survival)||1|
|Feat and Skill||People of the Wood||2|
|Offense||Weapon Familiarity x2||2|
The viera are a forest dwelling race with rabbit-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Viera are agile and insightful, but are also rather fragile. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Constitution.
- Size: Viera are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Viera are Humanoids with the viera subtype.
- Base Speed: Viera have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Viera begin play speaking Common and Vieran. Viera with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Banganese, Elvaan, Lalafellan, Mithran, Moogle, Numish, and Seeq. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Vieran Immunities: Viera are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enfeebling spells and effects.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Keen Senses: Viera receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Hunter: Viera always count Stealth and Survival as class skills.
- People of the Wood: Viera cling to their fey past, learning all they can of the forest and its ways. Viera gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks made in a forest environment.
Magical Racial Traits
- Elemental Summoner: Choose one of the following elemental subtypes—earth, fire, ice, lightning, water, wind. When summoning a creature with the chosen subtype with a summon spell, increase the duration of that spell by 2 rounds. This choice is made at character creation, and can only be changed with retraining.
- Vieran Magic: Viera gain a +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, they also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Viera are proficient with shortbows (including composite shortbows), longbows (including composite longbows), greatbows and orc hornbows.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Viera can see twice as far as humes in conditions of dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
Footed: While all viera are naturally lithe and agile, some also are naturally speedy and have a strong desire to rush into situations rather than worrying about looking ahead. Viera with this racial trait receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
Mist Sight: Some viera are very attuned to the mist, or sometimes the absence of the Mist. Viera with this racial trait can use one of the following spells (choose one) as an activated spell-like ability (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level): detect magic, detect secret doors, detect undead. This racial trait replaces vieran magic.
Misty Mind: Some viera aren’t interested in channeling magic outward, and instead have learned to use their natural connection to the Mist as a kind of shield. These viera gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enfeebling (charm) and enfeebling (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a viera fails such a save, it receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the viera has a similar ability from another source, it can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. This racial trait replaces elemental summoner.
- Silent Hunter: Viera are renowned for their subtlety and skill. Viera with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). This racial trait replaces vieran immunities.
- Spirit of the Waters: Some viera have adapted to life in tune with the sea or along the reedy depths of wild rivers and lakes. They gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming, and may choose Aquan as a bonus language. They are proficient with longspear, trident, and net. This racial trait replaces people of the wood and weapon familiarity.
- Urbanite: Viera who live in cities for more than a century can grow to know the ebb and flow of social situations just as their forest-
dwelling cousins know the rules of the wild. Viera with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation. This racial trait replaces people of the wood.
Variant Viera Heritages
Although many viera follow the general model of the standard viera, many more do not. Those of different lineages may evince dramatically different manifestations of their heritage, both in appearance and in ability. Here are 4 different potential heritages for viera PCs. If you choose to use a specific bloodline instead of the general rules for creating a viera, you should work with your GM to ensure that your character’s appearance reflects that bloodline.
- Alternate Skill Modifiers: While most viera gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks, those of the variant heritages listed below gain a modifier to different skills.
Table: Variant Viera Heritages
|Heritage||Ability Modifiers||Alternate Skill Modifier||Description|
|Fanow||+2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 STR||Knowledge (History) and Stealth||Natives to the Rak'Tika Greatwoods, and protectors of what remains of the Ronkan empire, these viera are rarely seen, quickly taking out any unwelcomed intruders to their lands.|
|Feol||+2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CON||Knowledge (Local) and Knowledge (Engineering)||Feol are the descendants of an aegyl leader who fell in love with a full-blooded viera, giving birth to the race that carries his name.|
|Mist-Frenzied||+2 STR, +2 CHA, -2 INT||Knowledge (Arcana) and Intimidate||Viera who have been exposed to too much Mist, they are stronger and more entuned to magic, but tend to attack anyone who may get in their way.|
|Rava||+2 DEX, +2 CHA, -2 CON||Knowledge (Planes) and Handle Animal||The Rava Viera in Golmore Jungle live under a strict code, the "Green Word", that forbid them from interacting with the outside world unless strictly necessary.|
The following feats are available to a viera character who meets the prerequisites.
- Attuned to the Wild
- Guardian of the Wild
- Leaf Singer
- Light Step
- Mage of the Wild
- Natural Instinct
- One with Wood
- Spirit of the Wild
- Stabbing Shot
- Vieran Accuracy
The following racial archetypes are available to vieras:
- Deadly Courtesan (Thief; Viera)
- Treetop Monk (Monk; Viera)
- Wild Shadow (Beastmaster; Viera)
- Woodland Stalker (Ninja; Viera)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with bows or crossbows (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus feat.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the beastmaster has selected it five times (or another increment of five).
- Blue Mage: Add one spell known from the blue mage’s spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest-
level spell the blue mage can cast.
- Fencer: Increase the total number of points in the fencer’s panache pool by 1/4.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Gambler: Add +1/6 for a new gambler gambit.
- Geomancer: Add +1/2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) skill checks.
- Gunner: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made with firearms (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Monk: Add +1 to the monk’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the monk has selected it five times (or another increment of five). This bonus stacks with the monk’s fast movement class feature and applies under the same conditions as that feature.
- Ninja: Add +1 to the ninja’s Acrobatics check bonus gained by spending a point from his ki pool. A ninja must be at least 5th level to select this benefit.
- Red Mage: Add +1/4 point to the red mage’s arcane pool.
- Summoner: The amount of time the summoner must spend to summon his avatar is reduced by 1 round, to a minimum of 1 round.
- Thief: The thief gains 1/6 of a new thief talent.