|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard||0|
|Feat and Skill||Craftsman||1|
|Feat and Skill||Silver Tongued||3|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Bonus (x3)||6|
|Feat and Skill||Skill Training||1|
The namazus are a short, chubby, catfish-like beast tribe native to Othard. Unlike most beastmen races, they are not associated with any known primal (though Namazu worship a fish-like entity known as “”the Big One,”” there is no evidence it has ever been summoned as a primal), though their belief in the kami suggests that they worship Susano and Tsukuyomi. They have a habit of repeating their affirmations (i.e., “”yes, yes””) and make squeaking sounds as they walk. Tea is a known intoxicant to the Namazus, making Xaela tea ceremonies difficult for them to perform.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Traders and craftspeople, the Namazus use their small size to be nimble, dexterous, but are quite frail. They gain a +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and -2 Constitution.
- Size: Namazus are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Type: Namazus are Humanoid creatures with the namazu subtype.
- Base Speed: Namazus have a base speed of 30 feet. Namazus also have a swim speed of 30 feet and as such they do not have to make a swim check in order to swim under normal circumstances. They have a +8 racial bonus to swim checks to perform a special action or avoid a hazard.
- Languages: Namazus begin with Common and Draconic. Namazus with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Aquan, Elvaan, Lalafellan, Mithran, Roegadyn, and Vieran.
Defense Racial Traits
- Hold Breath: Namuzus can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Craftsman: Namazus are avid tradesmen, creating their own wares for sale and gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft or Profession checks to create objects from cloth, leather, or wood.
- Craftsman Knowledge: Namazus gain Knowledge (technology) and Knowledge (engineering) as class skills.
- Festive Culture: Namazus receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Disguise, and Perform checks.
- Skilled Traders: Namazus gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can do so up to three steps up rather than just two.
Senses Racial Traits
- Water Sense: Namazus can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same body of water.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Fast: Since the Namuzus can get into some dangerous situations, they tend to do the most sensible thing and run for the hills and gain a +10 foot bonus to their base speed. This trait replaces skilled traders and their normal movement speed.
- Focused Study: What Namuzus lack in strength, they make up for in skills of the trade, theft, sneaking around and, of course, running like the wind. At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, Namuzus gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces festive culture and skilled traders.
- Gregarious: Extremely good at making bargains and earn the trust of even the most vile of fiends. Namuzus will pull out all the stops in order to make sure they are depended on. When making a successful use Diplomacy to win over an individual, that creature takes a –2 penalty on attempts to resist the namazus’ Charisma-based skills for the next 24 hours. This racial trait replaces craftsman knowledge.
- Whiskersense: The Namuzus’ whiskers are sensitive to vibrations in the air or water within 60 ft around them. Its quite possible that not even the Namazus realize this and just act on it. If a Namuzus’ whiskers have been separated from the Namazus’ face, the whiskers will still quiver when there is something around them and can last for weeks until they shrivel up and stop working. Namuzus with this racial trait gain tremorsense in a 30-ft/-radius around themselves on the ground and in the water. This trait replaces festive culture and water sense.
The following racial archetypes are available to namazus:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Bard: Treat the bard’s level as +1/2 level higher for the purpose of determining the effect of the fascinate bardic performance.
- Chocobo Knight: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the chocobo knight’s mount. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
- Dancer: Add +1/4 point to the dancer’s ki pool.
- Gambler: Add +1/6 for a new gambler gambit.
- Ninja: Gain +1/3 on all Acrobatics, Climb, and Stealth checks in urban areas.
- Red Mage: Add +1/4 point to the red mage’s arcane pool.
- Summoner: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the summoner’s avatar.
- Thief: Add a +1/2 bonus on stealth checks and perception checks made in dim light or darkness.