Acting as divine warriors, omduras embody the tenets of their gods and serve as divine vessels. These mortals are granted greater purpose and are tasked with both spreading their god’s faith and defeating the faith’s enemies. Omduras are able to grant the same divine power they hold within themselves to others around them. This allows omduras to both defend others from enemies of their faith and inspire others to follow in their footsteps. Gods of all kinds select omduras to enact their will, though how this will is interpreted varies.
The omdura is an archetype of the cleric class.
Archetype Main Ability Scores
The omdura mainly focuses on Strength for martial combat and Charisma for their class features.
Archetype Feature Replacements
1st – Aura of Resolve. 2nd – Channel Energy. 3rd – Armored Mage. 4th – Blessing of the Faithful. 7th – Prayer. 13th – Aura of War Revelry. 17th – True Healer. 20th – Deific Capstone.
An omdura can call forth the power of her deity to improve her allies’ abilities as a standard action. When the omdura calls upon this power, she must select one type of invocation from those listed below to grant the benefits to her allies within 30 feet. If the omdura is evil, she grants profane bonuses instead of sacred, as appropriate. Neutral omduras must select profane or sacred bonuses. Once made, this choice cannot be changed. A called invocation cannot be disrupted, but it ends immediately if the omdura is killed, paralyzed, stunned, or knocked unconscious.
The omdura can use ths ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her cleric level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-minute increments. The omdura can change her chosen invocation to another type as a swift action, but doing so expends a 1-minute increment of her invocations.
At 7th level, an omdura can call an invocation as a move action instead of a standard action. At 13th level, an omdura can call an invocation as a swift action.
- Destruction: The omdura’s allies are filled with divine wrath, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by 1 for every three cleric levels the omdura has.
- Healing: The omdura radiates a healing light, granting fast healing 1. This causes the omdura’s allies to recover 1 hit point each round (up to their maximum hit points). The amount of fast healing increases by 1 for every three cleric levels the omdura has.
- Justice: This invocation spurs the omdura’s allies to seek justice, granting a +1 sacred bonus on attack rolls. This bonus increases by 1 for every five cleric levels the omdura has. At 10th level, this bonus is doubled on attack rolls to confirm critical hits.
- Piercing: This invocation gives the omdura’s allies great focus and makes their spells more potent. This benefit grants a +1 sacred bonus on concentration checks and caster level checks to overcome a target’s spell resistance. This bonus increases by 1 for every three cleric levels the omdura has.
- Protection: The omdura radiates a protective aura, granting a +1 sacred bonus to Armor Class. This bonus increases by 1 for every five cleric levels the omdura has. At 10th level, this bonus is doubled against attack rolls to confirm critical hits against the omdura’s allies.
- Purify: The omdura’s allies are protected from the vile taint of her foes, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on all saving throws. This bonus increases by 1 for every five cleric levels the omdura has. At 10th level, the bonus is doubled against curses, diseases, and poisons.
- Resiliency: This invocation makes the omdura’s allies resistant to harm, granting DR 1/magic. This DR increases by 1 for every five cleric levels the omdura has. At 10th level, this DR changes from magic to an alignment (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful) that is opposite the omdura’s. If she is neutral, the type of DR doesn’t change.
- Resistance: The omdura’s allies are shielded by a flickering aura, gaining 2 points of elemental resistance against one element type (earth, fire, ice, lightning, water or wind) chosen when the omdura calls this invocation. The protection increases by 2 for every three cleric levels the omdura has.
- Smiting: This invocation bathes the weapons of the omdura’s allies in a divine light. These weapons count as magic for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. At 6th level, the allies’ weapons also count as one alignment type (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful) for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. The type selected must match one of the omdura’s alignments. If the omdura is neutral, she does not grant this bonus. At 10th level, the allies’ weapons also count as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction (but not for reducing hardness).
This ability replaces aura of resolve.
Divine Touch (Su)
At 2nd level, an omdura can deliver divine energy by touch. She can deliver either positive energy or negative energy. A good omdura (or a neutral omdura of a good deity) must select positive energy. An evil omdura (or a neutral omdura of an evil deity) must select negative energy. An omdura who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can select either positive or negative energy. This choice is made when the omdura gains this ability and cannot be changed.
Each day the omdura can use this ability a number of times equal to half her omdura level plus her Charisma modifier. With one use of this ability, an omdura can use divine energy to restore to a target 1d6 hit points for every two cleric levels she has. Using this ability is a standard action, unless the omdura targets herself, in which case it is a swift action. An omdura who delivers negative energy with her touch can instead deal 1d6 points of damage to a living creature for every two cleric levels she has. Alternatively, an omdura can use this divine energy to affect undead creatures, dealing damage when delivering positive energy or restoring hit points when delivering negative energy.
An omdura needs only one freehand to use this ability. Using divine touch to harm a creature requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. Creatures do not receive a saving throw against the damage from divine touch. Divine touch is modified by any feat, spell, or effect that specifically works with the lay on hands holy knight class feature. For example, the Extra Lay On Hands feat grants an omdura two additional uses of the divine touch class feature. Divine Touch can be used by deific order abilities that require channel energy.
This ability replaces channel energy.
Divine infusion (Su)
At 3rd level and every three cleric levels thereafter, an omdura can select one divine infusion. Each infusion adds an effect to the omdura’s divine touch ability. The types of infusions available to the omdura are determined by the type of energy the omdura delivers with her divine touch. An omdura who delivers positive energy adds a blessing to her divine touch, treating her cleric level as her holy knight level and her divine touch as the holy knight’s lay on hands ability. An omdura who delivers negative energy adds a defile to her divine touch, treating her cleric level as her dark knight level and her divine touch as the dark knight’s harm touch ability. At 6th, 9th, and 12th level, she adds infusions to the list of those she can select as though she were a holy knight or dark knight (depending on her divine touch ability) of her cleric level. Divine infusion functions as either the defile or blessing class ability, depending on the omdura’s divine touch energy, for the purposes of feats, spells, or effects that work with those class features.
This ability replaces armored mage.
Divine Might (Su)
At 4th level, an omdura can call on the powers of her god once per day to aid in her struggle against her enemies. As a swift action, the omdura chooses one target within sight to be the focus of her divine might. If the target is opposed to the omdura’s alignment on either the law/chaos or the good/evil axis, the omdura adds half her Charisma bonus (minimum +1) to her attack rolls and adds half her cleric level to damage rolls against the target of her divine might. A neutral omdura can choose any target to be the target of her divine might, but she adds only one third her Charisma bonus and cleric level.
In addition, while divine might is in effect, the omdura gains a deflection bonus equal to half her Charisma modifier (one-third for a neutral omdura) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the divine might. If a non neutral omdura targets a creature that is not opposed to her alignment, the use of this ability is wasted with no effect.
The divine might effect remains until the target of divine might is dead or the next time the omdura rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 9th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the omdura can use divine might one additional time per day to a maximum of four times per day at 19th level.
This ability replaces blessing of the faithful.
Divine Weapon (Su)
At 7th level, an omdura forms a divine bond with her god. This bond allows the omdura to enhance her weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a divine spirit. This aid lasts for 1 minute per cleric level. When called, the spirit causes the weapon to shed light as a torch. At 7th level, this spirit grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every three cleric levels beyond 7th, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 19th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon bonuses to a maximum of +5, or they can be used to add any of the following weapon special abilities: brilliant energy, defending, flaming, flaming burst, keen, shining, shining burst, or speed.
A lawful omdura can also choose from axiomatic and merciful. A chaotic omdura can also choose from anarchic and vicious. A good omdura can also choose from disruption and holy.
An evil omdura can also choose from abyssal, abyssal burst, unholy, and wounding. A neutral omdura can also add vorpal. Adding a special ability consumes an amount of bonus equal to the special ability’s cost. These bonuses are in addition to any special abilities the weapon already has, but duplicate abilities do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other special abilities can be added. The bonus and special abilities granted by the spirit are determined when the spirit is called and cannot be changed until the spirit is called again. The divine spirit imparts no bonuses if the weapon is held by anyone other than the omdura, but it resumes granting bonuses if the weapon is returned to the omdura. These bonuses apply to only one end of a double weapon.
An omdura can use this ability once per day at 7th level, and one additional time per day for every four cleric levels beyond 7th, to a total of four times per day at 19th level.
If a weapon bonded with a divine spirit is destroyed, the omdura loses the use of this ability for 30 days or until she gains a level, whichever comes first. During this 30-day period, the omdura takes a -1 penalty on weapon attack and damage rolls.
This ability replaces prayer.
At 11th level, the omdura can cast commune once per day as a spell-like ability. She can cast this a second time per day at 16th level.
This ability replaces legion’s blessing.
Improved Invocation (Ex)
At 13th level, when using her invocation class ability, the omdura chooses two invocations to grant her allies. In addition, the omdura also benefits from any one invocation she calls, but she receives only half the invocation’s granted bonus.
This ability replaces aura of war revelry.
Greater Divine Might (Ex)
At 17th level, the omdura uses her full Charisma bonus and full cleric level when using her divine might ability. A neutral omdura uses her full Charisma bonus and her cleric level –3 when using her divine might ability.
This ability replaces true healer.
Greater Invocation (Ex)
At 20th level, each day when the omdura regains her MP, she chooses one invocation to be active on herself and her allies for the entire day. The omdura receives the full bonus granted by this invocation. This invocation is in addition to her uses of the invocation and improved invocation class abilities.
This ability replaces the deific capstone.