|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Paragon (+4 Str, -2 Cha, -2 Wis, and -2 Int)||1|
|Advanced Constitution||+2 Con||4|
|Defense||Improved Natural Armor||3|
|Feat and Skill||Imposing Figure||2|
A descendent of the many varieties of huge, hairy beasts. Half-gigas possess super-human strength and at times form raiding gangs to pillage hume villages. There is no making peace with these wild creatures.
Half-Gigas Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Half-gigas are very strong and hardy, but are often dim-witted, unwise, and violent. They gain +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, and -2 Intelligence.
- Size: Half-gigas are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Half-gigas are Monstrous Humanoid creatures with the giant subtype.
- Base Speed: Half-gigas have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Half-gigas begin play speaking Common and Giant. Half-gigas with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elvaan, Galkan, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Hardy: Half-gigas receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Natural Armor: Half-gigas have thick greasy skin, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-gigas lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a half-gigas is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-gigas is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A half-gigas is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. The benefits of this racial trait doesn’t stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Stability: Half-gigas receive a +4 bonus to their combat maneuver defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Imposing Figure: Half-gigas are intimidating without trying. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Slam: Half-gigas gain a natural slam attack, dealing 1d6 points of damage. The slam is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the half-gigas is wielding manufactured weapons.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Half-gigas can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Half-gigas can see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Nightstalker: Half-gigas are big brutes, but some among them excel at hunting humanoid prey in the dead of night and murdering them quietly. While the half-gigas are in areas of shadowy illumination or natural darkness, they ignore all size penalties to Stealth checks and instead gain a +2 bonus to Stealth checks. This racial trait replaces imposing figure.
- Quick At Hand: When enraged, ogres tend to grab the closest heavy objects and bring them to bear. The half-gigas may use any item as an improvised melee or ranged weapon without penalty. This racial trait replaces slam.
Variant Half-Gigas Heritages
Although many half-gigas follow the general model of the standard half-gigas, many more do not. Those of different lineages may evince dramatically different manifestations of their heritage, both in appearance and in ability. Here are 3 different potential heritages for half-gigas PCs. If you choose to use a specific bloodline instead of the general rules for creating a half-gigas, you should work with your GM to ensure that your character’s appearance reflects that bloodline.
- Alternate Defense Racial Trait: While most half-gigas gain a +2 racial bonus on natural armor, those of the variant heritages listed below gain a different defense racial trait.
Table: Variant Half-Gigas Heritages
|Heritage||Ability Modifiers||Alternate Defense Racial Trait||Description|
|Fire Gigas||+4 STR, +2 INT, -2 DEX, -2 WIS, -2 CHA||Fire Resistance 10||These gigas usually live in or near volcanos. These gigas often employ fire magic to defeat their enemies.|
|Ice Gigas||+4 STR, +2 WIS, -2 INT, -2 CON, -2 CHA||Ice Resistance 10||These gigas often live in the frozen tundra, or in the mountains.|
|Thunder Gigas||+4 STR, +2 CHA, -2 DEX, -2 WIS, -2 INT||Lightning Resistance 10||These gigas are more common in the plains, usually in areas with lots of storm activity.|
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to an animal companion’s CMD when adjacent to the beastmaster. If the beastmaster ever replaces his animal companion, the new animal companion gains this bonus.
- Berserker: Add +1 to the berserker’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Dragoon: Add +1/2 bonus to Acrobatic skill checks for jumping.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder.
- Samurai: Add +1/2 to Perception skill checks.
- Thief: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using sneak attack (maximum bonus of +5). This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat.