Most Forgiven want to prove that he are not Sin Eaters and don’t want to be associated with those mindless monsters. Not so the Radiant Lords (or Ladies if female), who seeks to become something akin to the mighty Lightwardens, an ascendant being of Light with absolute control over lesser Sin Eaters.
The radiant lord is an archetype of the white mage class, available only to forgiven white mages.
Archetype Main Ability Scores:
The radiant lord mainly focuses on DEX for combat and WIS for his class features and spellcasting.
Archetype Feature Replacements:
1st – White Magery. 2nd – Lay on Hands, Mage Talent 3rd – Divine Caress. 4th – Divine Seal, Mage Talent. 6th – Mage Talent. 7th – New Arcana. 8th – Mage Talent. 10th – Mage Talent. 11th – Divine Veil. 12th – Advanced Mage Talent. 14th – Advanced Mage Talent. 16th – Advanced Mage Talent. 18th – Advanced Mage Talent. 20th – Advanced Mage Talent, White Wizard.
Alignment: A radiant lord spreads the light and influence of Sin Eaters without mercy, his alignment can’t be good.
Light Magery (Su)
At 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th level, a radiant lord increases his power with his spells. At each such opportunity, he can choose from the list of the following or from the white magery list (with a maximum of 2 per):
- Increased Holy: This increases any light school spell the radiant lord casts by 1 extra die of the appropriate type. This allows the radiant lord to overcome any damage cap a spell might restrict him to.
- Light Mastery: This increases the radiant lord’s caster level by 1 for all spells with the light school.
This ability modifies white magery, replacing healing mastery and increased healing.
Hand of Punishment (Su)
At 2nd level, the radiant lord is able to gather concentrated light in his hand and send it out as a beam. He makes a ranged touch attack within a range of 60 feet, dealing 1d6 points of holy damage, plus an additional 1d6 for every two white mage levels beyond 2nd. Each day he can use this ability a number of times equal to half his white mage level plus his Wisdom modifier. This ability counts as lay on hands for other class features and feats.
This ability replaces lay on hands.
Sin-Eater Ancestry (Ex)
At 2nd level, and every two levels thereafter, when the radiant lord would gain a mage talent he may instead choose a Forgiven racial feat he qualifies for.
This ability modifies mage talents.
Seed of Light (Su)
At 3th level, a radiant lord can touch a dying or recently slain creature and infuse them with strong light-aspected aether and trigger a transformation into a Sin Eater. A dying creature can make a Will save to resist this transformation, the DC of this save is equal to 10 + half of the white mage’s level + his Wisdom modifier. The kind of Sin Eater that gets created depends on the Hit Dice of the base creature. A radiant lord can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier.
The Sin Eaters the radiant lord creates remain under his control indefinitely. No matter how many times the ability gets used, however, a radiant lord can control only 1 1/2 HD worth of Sin Eater creatures per white mage level. If he exceeds this number, all the newly created creatures fall under his control, and any excess Sin Eaters from previous uses become uncontrolled. The radiant lord chooses which creatures are released. If the Sin Eater dies, it is permanently destroyed.
This ability replaces divine caress and new arcana.
Seal of Light (Ex)
Beginning at 4th level, a radiant lord can increase the potency of his next holy damage spell as a swift action, so long as the casting time of the spell is 1 standard action or less. The next light spell the radiant lord casts deal half again as much damage as normal and any holy resistance the target(s) of this spell has is lessened by half as well. He can use this ability once per day and every four white mage levels thereafter, he gains an additional use. The use of this ability cannot be used with metamagic feats.
This ability replaces divine seal.
Enlightened Punishment (Su)
Beginning at 6th level and every six white mage levels thereafter, the radiant lord refines the abilities of his Hand of Punishment.
At 6th level, the radiant lord can select from the following options.
- Holy Command: The radiant lord may give a creature hit by his Hand of Punishment a mental urge to kill its nearest ally, which it obeys to the best of its ability. The target attacks its nearest ally on its next turn with a melee weapon or natural weapon. If necessary, it moves to or charges to the nearest ally in order to make this attack. If it is unable to reach its closest ally on its next turn, the target uses its turn to get as close as possible to the ally. A successful Will save negates this effect. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + half of the white mage’s level + his Wisdom modifier.
- Spear of Light: Increases the range of Hand of Punishment to 120 feet.
- Undeniable Punishment: Creatures hit by Hand of Punishment have to make a Will save or receive the Imperil condition against the holy element for one round per white mage level. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + half of the white mage’s level + his Wisdom modifier.
At 12th level, a radiant lord adds the following options to the list of those that can be selected.
- Heavenly Sword: The light forms a huge blade of energy that slashes down on his foes. Instead of a ranged touch attack your Hand of Punishment hits every creature in a line of length equal to its range. A successful Reflex save halves the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + half of the white mage’s level + his Wisdom modifier.
- Ordo Sanctus: At the cost of three uses of Hand of Punishment, the radiant lord can use geas/quest as spell-like ability.
- Twofold Punishment: As a full-round action, the radiant lord can launch two beams of light in rapid succession, making two Hand of Punishment attacks. This may be used in concert with Heavenly Sword or Rain of Light. Each attack still consumes a use of Hand of Punishment.
At 18th level, a radiant lord adds the following options to the list of those that can be selected.
- Original Sin: At the cost of 6 uses of Hand of Punishment, the radiant lord can use eternal breath as spell-like ability, but the damage type is changed to holy.
- Rain of Light: The radiant lord raises his hand to the sky and a swirling golden cloud nexus forms above him, beams of light raining upon his enemies from it shortly thereafter. As a full-round action, he makes a Hand of Punishment attack on each enemy within range. If the radiant lord has selected Twofold Punishment, he may attack each enemy twice, if he chooses. Each attack still consumes a use of Hand of Punishment.
- Sacred Rampage: At the cost of 2 uses of Hand of Punishment per target, the radiant lord can infuse up to 1 Sin Eater per 2 white mage levels with primordial light, immediately granting it the advanced creature simple template. It gains a +2 bonus on all rolls, including damage rolls, a +2 bonus to special ability DCs, a +4 bonus to AC and CMD, and 2 additional hit points per Hit Die. The Sin Eater’s destructive instincts take hold for the duration of this ability, and any attempts to control or command the Sin Eater have a 50% chance of failing; if uncontrolled, the Sin Eater creature attacks any creature other than another Sin Eater it sees. This condition remains for 5 rounds.
This ability replaces a mage talent gained at 6th level and advanced mage talents gained at 12th and 18th levels.
Sin Eater Mastery (Su)
At 11th level, all Sin Eaters created by a radiant lord gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity and 2 additional hit points per Hit Die.
This ability replaces divine veil.
At 20th level, the primordial light of the radiant lord becomes too much for his mortal shell, in a fiery hot explosion of light, he ascends into his new graceful form. The radiant lord gains the Divine template.
This ability replaces white wizard.