The solid snake is a spy, special operations soldier, and mercenary. An expert in close quarter combat and in sneaking around undetected, the solid snake is the best man to get the job done, covertly and expertly.
The solid snake is an archetype of the thief class.
The solid snake is proficient with all weapons from the light blade weapon group (from fighter), crossbows, darts, and 1-handed firearms.
This ability modifies the thief’s starting weapon proficiencies.
Bag o’ Tricks (Ex)
At 1st level and every three thief levels thereafter, a solid snake gains a unique set of equipment to help him achieve his goals. These items are only usable by the solid snake.
- Body Armor: This item bestows a +4 armor bonus to AC for the snake, with no armor check penalty or max Dexterity, with a 10% spell failure chance, that counts as light armor. In addition, it gains a +1 enchantment for every four thief levels after 1st.
- Cardboard Box: This inconspicuous item allows the solid snake to sneak past enemies with relative ease. Requiring a standard action to put on or take off, while wearing the cardboard box, the snake gains a +2 bonus on Stealth checks plus an additional +2 per two thief levels after 1st, but must make a Bluff check versus any enemies that “sees” him.
- Cigarette: This item allows the solid snake to smoke and heal himself for a number of hit points equal to double his thief level + his Constitution modifier, but requires a full-round action. Afterwards, the solid snake takes 1 point of Constitution damage.
- Diazepam: Usable a number of times per day equal to half of his thief level (minimum 1), the solid snake can take this item to end shaken and other fear effects.
- Ration: The item is a specialized food item, usable a number of times per day equal to half of the thief’s level (minimum 1). Eating the ration takes a full-round action, but heals the solid snake for 1d6 points of damage per two thief levels.
- Rocket Missile: This explosive item can only be used once per day, with a range of 100 feet, but it deals 1d6 fire damage plus an additional 1d6 per thief level after 1st in a 20-ft.-radius, with a Reflex save (DC 10 + half of the thief’s level + his Dexterity modifier) for half damage.
- Silencer: This item can be applied to any simple or advanced firearm and it silences any firearm so it does not make a sound. This also grants the solid snake a bonus equal to half his thief level (minimum 1) on Stealth checks when sniping.
This ability replaces trapfinding and improved theft.
Martial Flexibility (Ex)
A solid snake can take a move action to gain the benefit of a combat feat he doesn’t possess. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The solid snake must meet all the feat’s prerequisites. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + half his thief level. The solid snake can use this ability again before the duration expires in order to replace the previous combat feat with another choice. If a combat feat has a daily use limitation (such as Stunning Fist), any uses of that combat feat while using this ability count toward that feat’s daily limit.
At 6th level, a solid snake can use this ability to gain the benefit of two combat feats at the same time. He may select one feat as a swift action or two feats as a move action. He may use one of these feats to meet a prerequisite of the second feat; doing so means that he cannot replace a feat currently fulfilling another’s prerequisite without also replacing those feats that require it. Each individual feat selected counts toward his daily uses of this ability.
At 10th level, a solid snake can use this ability to gain the benefit of three combat feats at the same time. He may select one feat as a free action, two feats as a swift action, or three feats as a move action. He may use one of the feats to meet a prerequisite of the second and third feats, and use the second feat to meet a prerequisite of the third feat. Each individual feat selected counts toward his daily uses of this ability.
At 12th level, a solid snake can use this ability to gain the benefit of one combat feat as an immediate action or three combat feats as a swift action. Each individual feat selected counts toward his daily uses of this ability.
At 20th level, a solid snake can use this ability to gain the benefit of any number of combat feats as a swift action. Each feat selected counts toward his daily uses of this ability.
This ability replaces finesse training.
At 3rd level as a full-round action, a solid snake can ask a target one question for every two thief levels he has. The target is not compelled to answer truthfully, but the solid snake’s implicit or explicit threats and looming manner leads the target to believe the solid snake will cause it serious harm if it lies. This imposes a –2 penalty on the target’s Bluff checks to lie when answering the specific questions the solid snake asked. At 6th level and every three thief levels thereafter, the penalty increases by 2 (to a maximum of –12 at 18th level). He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Intelligence modifier. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.
This ability replaces danger sense.
CQC Expert (Ex)
At 4th level, the solid snake becomes an expert in close quarter combat. He gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat and also gains the unarmed strike damage of a monk of his thief level – 3.
This ability replaces debilitating injury.
At 10th level, a solid snake can kill foes that are unable to defend themselves. To attempt to assassinate a target, the solid snake must first study his target for 1 round as a standard action. On the following round, if the solid snake makes a sneak attack against the target and that target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly killing the target. This attempt automatically fails if the target recognizes the solid snake as an enemy. If the sneak attack is successful, the target must attempt a Fortitude saving throw with a DC equal to 10 + half of the thief’s level + his Intelligence modifier. If the target fails this save, it dies; otherwise, the target takes the sneak attack damage as normal and is then immune to that solid snake’s assassinate ability for 24 hours.
This ability replaces mug.
Swift Assassination (Ex)
At 19th level, once per day, a solid snake can use his assassinate ability against a foe without studying the foe beforehand. He must still sneak attack his foe using a melee weapon that deals damage.
This ability replaces shadow step.