The Galka are a hulking race of powerful warriors. The sheer strength of their powerful physiques is second to none. They have used their skills to contribute to the construction and development of the numerous mines. Galka are asexual and do not reproduce in the same manner as other species. However, other races typically use the male pronoun to refer to Galka, as their physical appearance is more masculine than feminine. Sometime after a Galka dies (between a month and a year), the Galka’s soul is reincarnated into a new body in a Galkan settlement. The newly reincarnated Galka has no abilities or traits of the previous soul, and only hazy memories of its previous lives. Once a Galka’s soul has been reincarnated, the original Galka cannot be raised from the dead.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Galka are strong, solid, stable, and stoic. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
- Size: Galka are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Galka are humanoids with the galka subtype.
- Base Speed: (Slow and Steady) Like dwarves, galka have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is not modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Languages: Galka begin play speaking Common and Galkan. Galka with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarven, Elvaan, Giant, Goblin, Lalafellan, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Hearty: Galka receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-
- Stability: Galka receive a +4 bonus to their combat maneuver bonus when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Imposing Figure: Galka are intimidating without trying. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Metalworker: The Galka have worked with metals most of their lives. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Craft checks involving metal.
Offense Racial Traits
- Ferocity: Galka possess the ferocity ability which allows them to remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0. Galka are still staggered at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.
- Weapon Familiarity: Galka treat the Galkan War Pick as a martial weapon, instead of an exotic weapon.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Galka have low- light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Cavewight: Some galka live far below the surface, seeking freedom in winding cave complexes. Galka with this racial trait gain a +1 racial bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival checks made underground. This racial trait replaces the imposing figure.
- Chain Fighter: Some galka have escaped from slavery and reforged the chains of their imprisonment into deadly weapons. Galka with this racial trait are proficient with flails and heavy flails, and treat dire flails and spiked chains as martial weapons. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
Raised: Galka with this racial trait know little of their galka ancestry and were raised among humes and other galka in a large city. City- raised galka are proficient with whips and longswords, and receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (local) checks. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
- Darkvision: Some galka have lived in the underground depths for so long they have given up on light entirely and gained darkvision with a range of 60 feet. This racial trait replaces low-
light vision and metalworker.
- Scavenger: Some galka eke out a leaving picking over the garbage heaps of society, and must learn to separate rare finds from the inevitable dross. Galka with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and on Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces imposing figure.
- Wary: Many galka have spent their long lives moving from place to place, often driven out by the hostility of others. Such experiences have made them wary of others’ motivations. Galka with this trait gain a +1 racial bonus on Sense Motive and Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces metalworker.
The following feats are available to a galka character who meets the prerequisites.
- Beast Rider
- Bullying Blow
- Ferocious Action
- Ferocious Resolve
- Ferocious Tenacity
- Galka Weapon Expertise
- Horde Charge
- Improved Surprise Follow-
- Resilient Brute
- Surprise Follow-
- Tenacious Survivor
- Trap Wrecker
The following racial archetypes are available to galkas:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Add +1/3 to the archer’s bonus to damage using deadshot.
- Astrologian: Add +1/2 to any one Knowledge skill.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s total number of bardic performance rounds per day.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Black Belt: Add 1/4 to the black belt’s effective level to determine her unarmed strike damage.
- Black Mage: Select one item creation feat known by the black mage. Whenever he crafts an item using that feat, the amount of progress he makes in an 8-
hour period increases by 200 gil (50 gil if crafting while adventuring). This does not reduce the cost of the item; it just increases the rate at which the item is crafted.
- Blue Mage: Add +1/4 bonus to damage to the blue mage’s natural attacks.
- Chemist: Add +1/2 to bomb damage.
- Chocobo Knight: Add +1/2 Strength to chocobo knight’s mount. (+1 Strength every two times you select this option.) If you replace your mount, the new mount gains this bonus.
- Cleric: Add a +1/2 bonus on Intimidate checks and Knowledge checks to identify creatures.
- Dancer: Add +1 to the dancer’s total number of battle dance rounds per day.
- Dark Knight: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using smite good (maximum bonus of +5). This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat.
- Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon’s attack rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
- Engineer: Add +1/4 armor bonus to the AC of the engineer’s automaton. If the engineer ever replaces his automaton, the new automaton gains this bonus.
- Fencer: Gain a +1/3 bonus on all critical hit confirmation rolls made while using the precise strike deed (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus doesn’t stack with those gained through Critical Focus and similar effects.
- Fighter: Add +1 to CMD against bull rush or overrun maneuvers.
- Gambler: Add +1/2 to Profession (Gambling) skill checks.
- Geomancer: Add a +1/5 bonus on elemental resistance.
- Gunner: Add a +1/2 bonus on initiative checks when the gunner has at least 1 grit point.
- Holy Knight: Add +1/4 AC bonus against a foe you are targeting with smite evil.
- Illusionist: Add +1/4 to the penalty of the haze ability.
- Knight: Add +1 to the knight’s total number of defensive stance rounds per day.
- Medic: Add +1/3 to the amount of temporary hit points granted by the medic’s battlefield inspiration.
- Monk: Add +1 to the monk’s CMD when resisting a grapple and +1/2 to the number of stunning attacks he can attempt per day.
- Necromancer: Add + 1/6 bonus of DR 1/-
to the necromancer’s damage reduction.
- Ninja: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using sneak attack (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Red Mage: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls when using spell combat (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Samurai: Add +1/3 to the samurai’s critical confirmation rolls.
- Scholar: Gain a +1 bonus on concentration checks made due to taking damage while casting spells.
- Summoner: Add a +1/4 natural armor bonus to the AC of the summoner’s avatar. If the summoner ever replaces his avatar, the new avatar gains this bonus.
- Sword Saint: Add a +2 bonus on rolls to stabilize when dying.
- Thief: Add +1 to the thief’s CMD when resisting a grapple or reposition attempt.
- Time Mage: Add 1/6 of an additional d4 to one damage roll when you spend a mote to boost damage. (+1d4 for every six times you select this option.)
- White Mage: Add a +1/2 bonus on checks made to craft magic items.