What appears to be the helmed skeleton of a giant looms before you, draped in tattered robes and sparks of magic crackling over his limbs as he gives a wicked cackle. – Manly Man
Lich (CR 11)
NE Large Undead (Archfiend, Boss, Dark, Earth, Native)
Init +9; Senses Blindsense 120 ft.; Perception +22
AC 25, touch 21, flat-footed 17 (+4 natural, +7 deflection, +5 Dex, -1 size)
hp 300  (12d12+72)
Fort +14 Ref +13 Will +15
DR 10/bludgeoning and magic Immune channel, earth, undead traits SR 22; Strong Lightning
Weaknesses Fire and Holy
Speed 40 ft.
Melee 2 claws +18 (2d6+6 plus 1d6 earth damage)
Space 10 ft. Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks Death Cutter, Death Grip, Earthquake, Filth Cloud, Lvl. 5 Death
Burst Mode Earthgift
Spells Known (FC CL 12; concentration +21)
- 1st (DC 20) – blind, blizzard, dark, enfeeblement, entomb, obscure, ruin, sleep, slick, spark, stone, thunder
- 2nd (DC 21) – blizzard II, dark II, entomb II, frigid touch, poison, silence, slick II, spark II, stone II, stone call, thunder II
- 3rd (DC 22) – bio, blacklight, blindga, blizzara, blizzard III, dark III, darkra, dispel, entomb III, fly, immobilize, infect, lightning bolt, mass enfeeblement, sleepga, sleet storm, slick III, spark II, stone III, stonera, stone shape, thundara, thunder III, void aura
- 4th (DC 23) – ball lightning, blizzard IV, comet (earth damage only), dark IV, dark blight, dazera, disable, frog, ice spikes, ice storm, mini, poisonga, rock spikes, ruinra, shadow step, shock spikes, silencega, statue, stone IV, stoneskin, thunder IV, umbral spikes, vanish
- 5th (DC 24) – biora, blindja, blizzaga, cone of cold, crush, darkga, drain, flight, freeze, gloom, gravity, icy prison, infectga, lightning arc, mass immobilize, poisonja, shock, sleepja, stonega, telekinesis, thundaga, wall of stone
- 6th (DC 25) – abyss, berserk, burst, chain lightning, cometra (earth damage only), confusion, feeblemind, freezing sphere, glacier, greater dispel, greater vanish, icy spikes II, icy blast, mass disable, move earth, quake, rasp, rock spikes II, ruinga, shock spikes II, silenceja, slowga, syphon, umbral spikes II
Str 22, Dex 21, Con -, Int 28, Wis 24 Cha 22
Base Atk +12; CMB +19; CMD 34
Feats Extra MP, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (ray), Improved Critical (ray), Silent Spell, Still Spell
Skills Acrobatics +20, Fly +24, Intimidate +18, Knowledge (arcana) +35, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +30, Knowledge (engineering) +24, Knowledge (geography) +30, Knowledge (history) +24, Knowledge (local) +22, Knowledge (nature) +24, Knowledge (nobility) +24, Knowledge (planes) +35, Knowledge (religion) +35, Perception +22, Stealth +19, Use Magic Device +21
This Burst Mode deepens Lich’s connection with the earth and the darkness therein. For a number of rounds equal to 1 + 1 round for every four HD, Lich may apply the Silent Spell and Still Spell feats to any spells he casts of the Dark or Elemental (Earth) schools at no extra cost, and once per round may apply either Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, or Quicken Spell to any spell he casts at no cost. This limit break requires only a swift action to activate.
Death Cutter (Su)
Once every 1d4 rounds, Lich can make a a single melee attack as a standard action. If it hits, the target takes the damage of the attack and must make a Fortitude save (DC 25) or be inflicted with the Doom status (as the countdown spell, not the doom spell). Blue mages may learn this ability as a 6th-level spell (Knowledge: Religion DC 27).
Death Grip (Su)
Coating his hand in black flames, Lich reaches for a single enemy, making a melee touch attack. If successful, the target takes 8d6 shadow damage, and must make a Fortitude save (DC 25) or be stunned for 2d4 rounds. On a successful save, they are instead staggered for 1 round. If the touch attack was a confirmed critical, then the target is stunned for 4d4 rounds on a failed save, and staggered for 1d3 rounds on a successful save. Blue mages may learn this ability as a 6th-level spell (Knowledge: Religion DC 27).
Lich can cause the ground to erupt around it within a 30-ft.-radius. Creatures within the area of effect take 8d6 points of earth damage and are inflicted with the Weighted status effect. All those in the area of effect must make a Reflex save DC 23 for half damage and negates the status effect. Blue mages may learn this ability as a 4th level spell (Knowledge: Religion DC 23).
Filth Cloud (Su)
Lich can release a breath weapon to creatures in a 30-ft.-cone. Creatures within the area of effect are inflicted with Disease and Poison status for 1d6 rounds, Fortitude save (DC 23) to negate the status effects. Blue mages may learn this ability as a 4th level spell (Knowledge: Religion DC 23).
Lvl. 5 Death (Su)
1/day, Lich can call forth a great wraith who scythes at all enemies within a 30 ft. radius of Lich. All creatures with a total HD that is a multiple of 5 must make a Fortitude save (DC 25) or die. Blue mages may learn this ability as a 6th-level spell (Knowledge: Religion DC 27).