The bangaa are a lizard-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Bangaa possesses formidable agility and a natural insight, but are not too bright. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –
- Size: Bangaa are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Bangaa are Humanoid creatures with the reptilian subtype.
- Base Speed: Bangaa have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a swim speed of 30 feet. A bangaa has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A bangaa can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A bangaa can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Languages: Bangaa begin play speaking Common and Banganese. Bangaa with high Intelligence can choose bonus languages from the following: Draconic, Giant, Ignan, Numish, Seeq, Terran.
Defense Racial Traits
- Stability: Bangaa receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
skinned: A bangaa’s tough and scaly hide grants a +1 bonus to natural armor.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Keen Senses: Bangaa receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Balanced: Bangaa receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Bite: Bangaa gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1d4 points of damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the bangaa is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Deft Pugilist: Bangaa learn from an early age their agility is their greatest asset, train their bodies to capitalize. Bangaa are always considered armed and do not provoke an attack of opportunity for making an unarmed attack.
Other Racial Traits
- Hold Breath: A bangaa can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Bangaa have low- light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humes in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Blinded: Normal bangaa have poor eyesight, made up for by exceptional smell. Some bangaa purposefully wear blindfolds or other eye coverings beginning at an early age to better develop their olfactory sense. Bangaa with this racial trait are blind but receive the scent special ability. Furthermore, bangaa with this racial trait receive no penalties for being blind as long as the bangaa is able to use scent instead. This racial trait replaces low-
- Claws: Some bangaa have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. Bangaa with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are secondary attacks that deal 1d3 points of damage. This racial trait replaces thick-
- Prehensile Tail: Some bangaa have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action. This racial trait replaces hold breath.
- Questioning: Certain bangaa ponder their race’s history and place in the world. Bangaa with this racial trait treat all Knowledge skills as class skills, and gain a +2 racial bonus to the Knowledge skill of their choice. This racial trait replaces well-
- Weapon Familiarity: All bangaa train for combat while young. Those bangaa who show aptitude for a particular weapon pursue study of that weapon feverishly. Bangaa with this racial trait gain proficiency with any one weapon. This racial trait replaces deft pugilist.
The following feats are available to a bangaa character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to bangaas:
- Pugilist (Black Belt; Bangaa)
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Beastmaster: Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls for attacks made with unarmed strikes or natural weapons (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Black Belt: Add +1/3 to the black belt’s roll with it ability.
- Blue Mage: Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks made to cast defensively.
- Dragoon: The dragoon gains +1/6 of an additional 1d6 points of deadly lancer damage.
- Fighter: Add +1/2 to damage rolls the fighter makes with weapon attacks against an opponent she is flanking or an opponent that is denied its dexterity bonus to AC.
- Gambler: Add +1/4 to the gambler’s luck pool.
- Monk: Add +1/3 to the monk’s AC bonus class ability.
- Thief: Add a +1 bonus on the thief’s sneak attack damage rolls during the surprise round or before the target has acted in combat.