Smaller and slighter than humes, burmecians trace their ancestry back to rats and mice, a fact made readily apparent by their physical appearance; at first glance, an unkind observer would be tempted to dismiss them as vermin who’ve mastered the art of walking upright. Closer inspection reveals a few key differences, however. Burmecians’ teeth are sharp, but lack the elongated incisors so typical of most rodents; their skin is smooth and almost entirely hairless, and tends to be gray or brown in coloration. Though they retain the sensitive snouts of their ancestors, burmecians do not sport whiskers; their ears are large and upraised, giving them a certain rabbit-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Burmecians are agile and clever, yet physically weak. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –
- Size: Burmecians are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Burmecians are Humanoid creatures with the burmecian subtype.
- Base Speed: Burmecians have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Burmecians begin play speaking Common and Burmecian. Burmecian with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elvaan, Galkan, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Disease Immunity: Burmecians are immune to disease. If a burmecian loses a saving throw against disease, he becomes a carrier and can transmit the disease through his bite for 1 week.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Keen Senses: Burmecians receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Natural Jumper: Burmecians gain a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatic checks for jumping.
- Rodent Empathy: Burmecians gain a +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks made to influence rodents.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Burmecians can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Offense Racial Traits
- Bite: A burmecian gains a natural bite attack, dealing 1d4 points of damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the burmecian is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Cornered Fury: Burmecians can fight viciously when cut off from friends and allies. Whenever a burmecian is reduced to half or fewer of his hit points, and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, he gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Scent: Some burmecians have much more strongly developed senses of smell, instead of keen eyes and ears. These burmecians have the scent ability, but take a –2 penalty on all Perception checks based primarily on sight or hearing. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
- Skulk: Some burmecians can blend easily into their environments, and move with surprising grace. Burmecians gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks, and take only a –5 penalty on Stealth checks made to hide from creatures they have distracted with a Bluff check (rather than the normal –10 penalty). This racial trait replaces natural jumper.
- Unnatural: Some burmecians unnerve normal animals, and train to defend themselves against the inevitable attacks from such creatures. These burmecians take a –4 penalty on all Charisma-
based skill checks to affect creatures of the animal type, and receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against animals. An animal’s starting attitude toward burmecians is one step worse than normal. This racial trait replaces rodent empathy.
The following feats are available to a burmecian character who meets the prerequisites.
The following racial archetypes are available to burmecians:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Bard: Increase the bonus provided by the bard’s inspire competence performance by 1/6, and add 1/6 to the number of allies the bard can affect with his inspire greatness performance.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to an animal companion’s CMD when adjacent to the beastmaster. If the beastmaster ever replaces his animal companion, the new animal companion gains this bonus.
- Chemist: The chemist gains +1/6 of a new discovery.
- Cleric: Add a +1 bonus on concentration checks when casting cleric spells and within 5 feet of an ally.
- Dragoon: Add +1/2 bonus to Acrobatic skill checks for jumping.
- Fencer: Add 1/4 to the AC bonus provided by cover or improved cover.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush or grapple attempt.
- Gunner: Add a +1/2 bonus on initiative checks when the gunner has at least 1 grit point.
- Monk: Add +1 feet to the speed the monk can move while making a Stealth check without taking a penalty. This has no effect unless the monk has selected this reward five times (or another increment of five). This does not allow the monk to use Stealth while running or charging.
- Ninja: Add +1 to the ninja’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the ninja has selected it five times (or another increment of five).
- Red Mage: Add +1/4 to the red mage’s arcane pool.
- Summoner: Add a +1 bonus on saving throws against poison made by the summoner’s avatar.
- Thief: Add a +1/2 bonus on Escape Artist checks.