The viera are a forest dwelling race with rabbit-
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Viera are agile and insightful, but are also rather fragile. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Constitution.
- Size: Viera are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Viera are Humanoids with the viera subtype.
- Base Speed: Viera have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Viera begin play speaking Common and Vieran. Viera with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Elvaan, Gnoll, Goblin, Lalafellan, Mithran, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Vieran Immunities: Viera are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enfeebling spells and effects.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Keen Senses: Viera receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Hunter: Viera always count Stealth and Survival as class skills.
- People of the Wood: Viera cling to their fey past, learning all they can of the forest and its ways. Viera gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks made in a forest environment.
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Viera are proficient with shortbows (including composite shortbows), longbows (including composite longbows), and greatbows.
Senses Racial Traits
Light Vision: Viera can see twice as far as humes in conditions of dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Feol: Those viera who are descendants of Feolthanos left behind the quest for the Green Word to join the modernizing world. Viera with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (local) and Knowledge (engineering). This trait replaces people of the wood.
Footed: While all viera are naturally lithe and agile, some also are naturally speedy and have a strong desire to rush into situations rather than worrying about looking ahead. Viera with this racial trait receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
- Silent Hunter: Viera are renowned for their subtlety and skill. Viera with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). This racial trait replaces vieran immunities.
- Spirit of the Waters: Some viera have adapted to life in tune with the sea or along the reedy depths of wild rivers and lakes. They gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming, and may choose Aquan as a bonus language. They are proficient with longspear, trident, and net. This racial trait replaces people of the wood and weapon familiarity.
- Urbanite: Viera who live in cities for more than a century can grow to know the ebb and flow of social situations just as their forest-
dwelling cousins know the rules of the wild. Viera with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation. This racial trait replaces people of the wood.
The following feats are available to a viera character who meets the prerequisites.
- Attuned to the Wild
- Guardian of the Wild
- Leaf Singer
- Light Step
- Mage of the Wild
- Natural Instinct
- One with Wood
- Spirit of the Wild
- Stabbing Shot
- Vieran Accuracy
The following racial archetypes are available to vieras:
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Archer: Choose any ranged weapon the archer is proficient with. Add +1/2 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using that weapon (maximum bonus of +4). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the beastmaster has selected it five times (or another increment of five).
- Blue Mage: Add one spell known from the blue mage’s spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest-
level spell the blue mage can cast.
- Fencer: Increase the total number of points in the fencer’s panache pool by 1/4.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.
- Gambler: Add +1/6 for a new gambler gambit.
- Gunner: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made with firearms (maximum bonus of +5). This bonus does not stack with Critical Focus.
- Monk: Add +1 to the monk’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the monk has selected it five times (or another increment of five). This bonus stacks with the monk’s fast movement class feature and applies under the same conditions as that feature.
- Ninja: Add +1 to the ninja’s Acrobatics check bonus gained by spending a point from his ki pool. A ninja must be at least 5th level to select this benefit.
- Thief: The thief gains 1/6 of a new thief talent.