Cost 4 JP
Activate 2 PP; use activated (attack)
Sustain none (instantaneous)
Save Fortitude negates; Power Resistance yes
Through some change in physiology or supernatural ability, the superhero is capable of secreting a substance that debilitates at a touch. The superhero gains a poison touch that can be delivered by a melee touch attack. A Fortitude save negates the poison. The superhero has the option of delivering the poison through an unarmed strike or natural attack, which causes it to do additional damage on top of the status effect, but it will no longer be a touch attack. This is a poison effect. There are three types of poison to choose from. The superhero can take this power multiple times. Each time, the superhero gains a different poison type.
- Debilitate: The poison causes intense pain, dealing damage to creatures over time. Poison (contact); save Fort negates; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d6 non elemental damage; cure 1 save.
- Enfeeble: The poison eats away at the creature, causing intense and lingering damage. Poison (contact); save Fort negates; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1 ability damage (chosen upon pick up); cure 1 save.
- Weaken: The poison throws off the creature’s equilibrium or causes some other temporary weakening. Poison (contact); save Fort negates; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect sickened cure 1 save.
Regardless of the poison type that is picked, they all have similar properties outside of their direct effect. It is made inert one round after being created, which prevents the poison from being stored. Once a melee attack is made, the superhero cannot generate more poison until 1d4 rounds have passed. The superhero is immune to his own poison.
ENHANCEMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Enhancement: Cheap Production (Cost: 4 JP per level): This reduces his activation cost by 1 PP for every level of this power he has. The superhero can take this enhancement four times, bringing the PP cost no lower than 0.
- Enhancement: Cocktail (Cost: 8 JP): Activate: Varies. With some focus, the superhero is capable of mixing together different poisons he can create to deliver them in one poison touch. By spending the PP cost of each poison, the superhero can deliver them through the same melee touch attack or infused unarmed strike/natural attack. Those hit must save against each poison individually. Each status effect gained through Improved Weaken counting as a different poison. Prerequisite: The superhero must have either the Improved Weaken enhancement or the Varies Poison enhancement.
- Enhancement: Delay Poison (Cost: 1 JP per level): The superhero gives his poison an onset time that causes the effects to be felt much later than when the poison was delivered. One hour is added to the onset for every level taken. He is not required to use the maximum onset time when using this power.
- Enhancement: Extend Duration (Cost: 1 JP per level): His poison can now last an additional two more rounds. The superhero can take this up to three times, to a maximum of ten rounds.
- Enhancement: Improved Debilitate (Cost: 2 JP per level): Activate 1 PPs per die. The Debilitate poison the superhero makes has become more potent. For every level of this power, the superhero adds an additional die of damage to the poison.The superhero does not have to use the maximum amount when using this power. Prerequisite: The superhero must have the Debilitate poison.
- Enhancement: Improved Enfeeble (Cost: 4 JP per level): Activate 2 PPs per increase. The Enfeeble poison the superhero makes has become more potent. Each level of this increases the ability damage by one dice step to a maximum of four levels, capping out at 1d6. The superhero does not have to use the maximum amount when using this power. Prerequisite: The superhero must have the Enfeeble poison.
- Enhancement: Improved Weaken (Cost: 6 JP per level): Activate 2 PPs. The superhero gains the ability to produce stronger variants of his poison that inflict different and wild status effects. These options include berserk, blind, confused, deafen, diseased, nauseated, paralyzed, silenced, slow, and zombie. Which status is used is determined when he uses poison touch. This can be picked up to five times, each time picking up a different status effect. Prerequisite: The superhero must have the Weaken poison.
- Enhancement: Increased Production (Cost: 2 JP per level): The cooldown for the poison usage is reduced by die step. This can be taken four times, from 1d4 to 1d3, to 1d2, to once a round, and finally it can be used with no cooldown. A full attack can be made with poison touches or alongside unarmed strikes/natural attacks interchangeably with regular attacks once it no longer has a cooldown.
- Enhancement: Lingering Poison (Cost: 6 JP): No longer does the superhero have to worry about his poison becoming inert within seconds. His poison now remains potent for 24 hours (unless preserved). He can produce a number of lingering doses equal to his freelancer level a day, after which he is only able to produce his normal poison until the next time he rests.
- Enhancement: Miasma (Cost: 4 JP per level): Activate: 2 PPs. With a few alterations the superhero is capable of aerosolizing the poison and making it inhalation based instead of contact. He is capable of releasing the miasma as either a burst centered on himself with a range of 5 feet, or as a cone with 10 ft. This enhancement can be gotten up to five times, each additional time beyond the first adds 5 feet to the range of each the burst and the cone. The poison is active in the air during only the round in which the superhero releases it. Anyone who inhales it will be inflicted as normal for the poison. If the superhero has the Lingering Poison enhancement, then the miasma persists in the air for a number of rounds equal to half his freelancer levels. Anyone who moves into the area while the poison is active must immediately roll a save as normal. Creatures within the area must save against the miasma every round they remain in it. Strong winds can dissipate the miasma faster than normal, but it is always effective for at least the round it is activated. The miasma is extremely fine and hard to see, requiring a DC 20 perception check to notice.
- Enhancement: Resist Cure (Cost: 8 JP per level): The difficulty to shake off the poison once afflicted grows exponentially. This power can be taken twice, the first level alters the cure condition to two saves, while the second level alters the cure condition to two consecutive saves.
- Enhancement: Varies Enfeeble (Cost: 4 JP per level): The superhero can now create an Enfeeble poison that affects a different ability score from its base. The ability damage to be done is determined when the poison touch is delivered. This power can be taken up to five times, one for each ability score. Prerequisite: The superhero must have the Enfeeble poison.
- Enhancement: Varies Poison (Cost: 4 JP per level): The superhero now has the option using another type of poison. He decides which poison he will use when he makes the poison touch. This enhancement can be taken twice.
- Limitation: Injury Poison (Value: 2 JP): The poison is now injury based instead of contact. The superhero must be able to deliver the poison touch through an unarmed strike or natural attack. Due to how quickly the poison becomes inert, the superhero requires the Lingering Poison enhancement to apply the poison to a manufactured weapon. This limitation is not compatible with the Miasma enhancement.