Cost 5 JP
Activate 3 PP; use-activated (attack)
Save Fortitude negates; Power Resistance yes
The superhero has the ability to temporarily mimic the powers of other people. Traits are immune to Power Duplication. The superhero must touch his target to use this power, which in combat requires a touch attack. This touch attack requires precision and a small amount of concentration, so it cannot be an unarmed strike. The superhero must expend 3 PPs to activate the power before he rolls his touch attack, so the PPs are lost regardless of whether he hits. The superhero can use this power only once per round. His target can make Fortitude save to avoid the power’s effects. If she fails, the superhero Duplicate one of her powers (randomly selected) for 2d6 rounds.
The superhero can Duplicate up to a 5 JP power for each activation. If a power is worth more than 5 JP, the superhero Duplicate only 5 JP worth of the power. The superhero can, theoretically, use this power multiple times to Duplicate all of a target’s powers.
The superhero can also use this power to Duplicate super abilities, but instead of calculating JP costs, he simply gains a +4 to a randomly selected super ability that corresponds with his target’s super-abilities. The superhero can Duplicate a super ability up to the target’s super ability score. For example, if his target has Constitution 27, Intelligence 32, and Charisma 25, the superhero could roll d6 to determine which the superhero gains. If it’s Intelligence, his Intelligence score would gain a +4. However, if the superhero was to start with an Intelligence score of +30 and the target’s was 32, Duplication could raise his only to 32.
The superhero cannot Duplicate any power that has a base cost greater than 5 JP, and that does not have a less costly version. Examples of this include Incorporeality and Polymorph. If the superhero randomly selects a power that the superhero cannot Duplicate for this reason, select again. Power Duplication has no permanent effects.
Enhancements and limitations
- Enhancement: Enhanced Duplication (Cost: 4 JP per level): Increase the number of JP the superhero can Duplicate by 5, for a total of 10 JP. This also raises his Super ability Duplication to +8. The superhero can take up to four levels of this enhancement, for a total of 25 JP or +20.
- Enhancement: Extended Duration (Cost: 3 JP per level): His Power Duplication lasts for 1d6 more rounds than usual. The superhero can take this enhancement multiple times, adding 1d6 to the duration each time, up to a maximum of 5d6 (four levels).
- Enhancement: Increased Consumption (Cost: 2 JP): If the superhero Duplicates a power worth less than his maximum number of JP, he can use the remaining JP to Duplicate more of the target’s powers, but only if he can afford them, of course. Which power the superhero Duplicates next is always chosen randomly. The superhero can, conceivably, Duplicate all of a target’s power with this enhancement.
- Enhancement: Multiple Duplications (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can now use Power Duplication as many times per round as he can make touch attacks.
- Enhancement: Precise Duplication (Cost: 4 JP): When the superhero attempts to Duplicate a power, he can choose which power. However, this power does not grant the ability to sense what a target’s power are, so his choice is limited to those powers that he already knows that the target has. If the superhero knows that someone has Flight, he can Duplicate it, but if he doesn’t know that she has Energy Attack, he cannot.
- Enhancement: Ranged Duplication (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can now Duplicate powers at a distance, using a ranged touch attack. The power now has an effective range increment of 20 feet.