Cost 10 JP
The superhero with the Super Constitution power is hardier, more durable and more resistant to injury than his average superhuman (though not always as resilient as superheroes with defensive powers such as force field and damage reduction). This superpower increases the superhero’s Constitution score by an inherent bonus of +10.
ENHANCEMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Enhancement: Deathless (Cost: 5 JP): A superhero can scorn death and unconsciousness. For a minute after falling under 0 HPs, even if the superhero would be reduced to negative amount of hit points equal to his Constitution score or less, he continues to fight normally until the duration ends. At that point, the effects of his wounds apply normally if they have not been healed. This ability does not prevent death from massive damage or from spell effects. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. Prerequisites: The superhero must be at least 10th level and have the Ferocity enhancement to select this enhancement.
- Enhancement: Durability (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero is tough as nails — channeling deadly kinetic energy away from his body, rolling with devastating blows, and otherwise reducing even the most powerful attack to the level of minor irritation. The superhero gains damage reduction N/-, with N equal to his Constitution modifier. The damage reduction lasts for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier. This does not stack with any other damage reduction the superhero may have, including the damage reduction power.
- Enhancement: Ferocity (Cost: 4 JP): A superhero with this enhancement remains conscious and can continue fighting even if his hit point total is below 0. The superhero is still staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. A superhero with this enhancement still dies when his hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to his Constitution score. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancement: Hardbody (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero’s body becomes tougher, allowing him to shrug off even devastating attacks. The superhero applies his Constitution modifier as a natural armor bonus. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier.
- Enhancement: Hardy (Cost: 1 JP): A superhero receives a +2 competence bonus on saving throws against poison, powers, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Enhancement: Mettle (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can use mental and physical resiliency to avoid certain attacks. If he makes a Fortitude or Will saving throw against an attack that has a reduced effect on a successful save, he instead avoids the effect entirely. A helpless superhero does not gain the benefit of the mettle ability. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. Prerequisite: The superhero must be at least 11th level to select this enhancement.
- Enhancement: Regeneration (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: varies; move action. The superhero heals more quickly than the human norm, but a superhero with this enhancement heals even quicker than most superheroes. Each power point the superhero spends heals 1d8+1 hit points of damage. The superhero can also reattach severed body parts (fingers, toes, hands, feet, arms, legs, tails) and grow back limbs or organs. It takes one minute and costs 2 power points to reattach a severed body part if the member is present and touching the spot from which it was severed. Regenerating a limb or organ takes 12 weeks – his Constitution modifier) and costs 1 power point per day until the regeneration is complete. So, a superhero with a Constitution modifier of +4 who spends 1 power point per day can regenerate a severed hand in eight weeks.
- Enhancement: Resiliency (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; immediate action. Channeling quantum energies has toughened his frame so that the superhero bounces back faster than most superheroes from damage that he suffers. The superhero spends 1 power point to convert any lethal damage he sustains into non-lethal damage. This effect lasts for one attack.
- Enhancement: Resistance (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero is highly resistant to elemental energy. The superhero gains elemental resistance to all elements equal to his Constitution modifier. The elemental resistance lasts for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier. This does not stack with any other elemental resistance the superhero may have.