Cost 10 JP
The superhero with the Super Dexterity power is faster, more agile and stealthier than normal, and he often has a better reaction time. This power is especially useful for a superhero whose powers are not so overt or “flashy” as most. This superpower increases the superhero’s Dexterity score by an inherent bonus of +10.
ENHANCEMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Enhancement: Accuracy (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero can aim his shots for best effect. Some superheroes claim that this enhancement is the ultimate in hand-eye coordination, while others speak of “mystic forces” guiding them. The superhero adds (double his Dexterity modifier) as a competence bonus on his next ranged attack. The superhero may make only one Accuracy attempt per round.
- Enhancement: Additional Swift Action (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero gains an additional swift action per round. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. This ability stacks with Mental Multitasking from Super Wisdom.
- Enhancement: Cat-Footed (Cost: 2 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero with this enhancement has the potential to walk on dead leaves without making a sound or run through sand without leaving footprints. The superhero gains a competence bonus on Acrobatics and Stealth checks equal to his ranks in those skills (his ranks are effectively doubled). Further, the superhero can avoid leaving any evidence of his passage with a successful DC 15 Reflex save (apply a –2 penalty if he moves double his speed, or a –4 penalty if he runs). This enhancement last for one encounter (or his freelancer level in hours, if the GM prefers).
- Enhancement: Enhanced Movement (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP per; swift action. The superhero’s reaction time may not be any quicker than, well, the normal superhumanly dexterous superhero, but there’s no doubt that he is fast — really fast. The superhero multiplies his base movement speed by the number of power points he spends when triggering this enhancement; the result is his new speed for the round. Special: This enhancement stacks with the super speed power. Determine his super speed before applying the Enhanced Movement multiplier.
- Enhancement: Evasion (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If a superhero makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a superhero is wearing no armor or light armor. A helpless superhero does not gain the benefit of evasion. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancement: Fast Reactions (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero automatically goes first on initiatives. If there are multiple people with this enhancement, then roll for initiative as normal.
- Enhancement: Fast Tasks (Cost: 3 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. Whether searching a file cabinet, stripping and rebuilding an engine or cleaning a house, the superhero can zip through tasks at an amazing speed. The superhero can perform a specific task in half the normal time at most without sacrificing care or workmanship. The specific duration depends on the task and any skill checks involved; painting an interior wall may take only a second, while taking apart and rebuilding a personal computer may require only a half-hour. The GM is the final arbiter of the time required. The superhero cannot split his attention among multiple tasks — e.g., constructing a wood fence and rebuilding an engine at the same time. Also, this enhancement does not provide an increase to his movement speed or rate of attack. This enhancement last for one encounter (or his freelancer level in hours, if the GM prefers).
- Enhancement: Finesse Training (Cost: 5 JP): A superhero gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. In addition, he can select any one type of weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse (such as rapiers or daggers). Once this choice is made, it cannot be changed. Whenever he makes a successful melee attack with the selected weapon, he adds his Dexterity modifier instead of his Strength modifier to the damage roll. If any effect would prevent the superhero from adding his Strength modifier to the damage roll, he does not add his Dexterity modifier. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancement: Improved Evasion (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero’s evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks such as a dragon’s breath weapon, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless superhero (such as one who is unconscious or paralyzed) does not gain the benefit of improved evasion. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. Prerequisites: The superhero must be at least 9th level and have the Evasion enhancement to select this enhancement.
- Enhancement: Physical Prodigy (Cost: 3 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero has a certain “genius” for all physical activities, knowing instinctively what to do and how to position himself for the best results in any given athletic endeavor. The superhero adds his (double his Dexterity modifier) as a competence bonus on any Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Ride, Swim checks. This enhancement last for one encounter (or his freelancer level in hours, if the GM prefers).
- Enhancement: Rapid Strike (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero can deliver a series of rapid-fire attacks to a single target. The individual blows are no more powerful than an ordinary strike, but they hit so fast and furious that the cumulative effect is much more powerful. The superhero can make one additional attack at his highest attack bonus when making a rapid strike attack. This bonus attack stacks with haste and similar effects.
- Enhancement: Sneak Attack (4 JP per level): If a superhero can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for extra damage. The superhero’s attack deals extra damage anytime his target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the superhero flanks his target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level of this enhancement, and increases by 1d6 every enhancement level thereafter (to a maximum of his freelancer level). Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. This additional damage is precision damage and is not multiplied on a critical hit. With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (such as a sap, unarmed strike, or whip), a superhero can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. He cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack—not even with the usual –4 penalty. The superhero must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A superhero cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancement: Super Rapid Strike (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can make an additional attack at his highest base attack bonus whenever he makes a rapid strike. This stacks with the first attack from that enhancement and additional attacks from haste and similar effects. Prerequisites: The superhero must be at least 11th level and have the Rapid Strike enhancement to select this enhancement.