Cost 10 JP
Scientists theorize that normal humans use only a fraction of their ability to observe things. The superhero with the Super Wisdom power takes it all in — every detail, every nuance, every little fact. They may not remember it for very long (that’s a function of Intelligence), but nothing gets by them initially. Such the superhero makes excellent sentinels, guards, detectives and trackers. This superpower increases the superhero’s Wisdom score by an inherent bonus of +10.
ENHANCEMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Enhancements: Bloodhound (Cost: 2 JP): The superhero can use his sense of smell to identify familiar odors just as the superhero would use vision to identify familiar sights. The superhero can detect other creatures within 30 feet by sense of smell. This increases to 60 feet if the creature is upwind and drops to 15 feet if the creature is downwind. The superhero can detect strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, at twice these ranges. The superhero gains the Scent ability and can detect overpowering scents, such as skunk musk, at triple normal range. This doesn’t reveal the source’s exact location, just that the source is within range. With a move action, the superhero can sniff to determine the direction; only if the source is within 5 feet can he pinpoint it. If an opponent makes a successful attack roll targeting his face with a strong odor source (e.g., pepper or mace), this enhancement is “blinded” for 1d6 minutes until the odor clears from his nose. The superhero also gains the Track class feature as a beastmaster and can follow tracks by smell on a successful Survival check. The DC for a fresh trail is usually DC 10 (no matter what kind of surface holds the scent). This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the target’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. The DC increases by +2 for each hour that the trail is cold. Tracking by scent ignores the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancements: Electromagnetic Vision (Cost: 3 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. By processing and amplifying waves in the middle end of the electromagnetic spectrum (infrared, visible light, ultraviolet), the superhero gains a number of sensory abilities. While this enhancement is active, the superhero gains a competence bonus on Perception checks equal to his rank in the skill (his ranks are effectively doubled) and he can see beyond the human visual norm — ultraviolet or infrared, and telescopic or microscopic. Activating ultraviolet or infrared vision is a free action; switching between them is also a free action but requires a successful DC 15 Wisdom check. The same holds for viewing at telescopic or microscopic levels.
- Ultraviolet Vision: The superhero can see without penalty whenever ultraviolet illumination (such as from the sun, moon or stars) is present. Much like a cat, the superhero can see as well in darkness as he does in daylight, provided there is at least some light (faint starlight is enough). The superhero cannot see in the total absence of light (such as in an unlit interior room).
- Infrared Vision: The superhero can see in the infrared (“IR”) spectrum, both by viewing anything illuminated by IR light and by picking up the heat that living things and hot objects radiate. Hot things appear “bright” while cool things are “dark.”
- Visible Light Attunement: The superhero can magnify objects in his line of sight as though he was looking through a high-powered telescopic scope or an electron microscope. The superhero can magnify a distant (or tiny) object by a power of (10x his Wisdom modifier). The superhero spends 1 power point to activate this enhancement for a number of rounds equal to his Wisdom modifier.
- Enhancement: Foresight (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero is granted a powerful sixth sense in relation to himself or another. The superhero receives instantaneous warnings of impending danger or harm to himself. He is never surprised or flat-footed. In addition, the enhancement gives the superhero a general idea of what action he might take to best protect yourself and gives him a +2 insight bonus to AC and on Reflex saves. This insight bonus is lost whenever the superhero would lose a Dexterity bonus to AC. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. Prerequisites: The superhero must be at least 10th level and have the Improved Uncanny Dodge enhancement to select this enhancement.
- Enhancements: Hyper-Enhanced Hearing (Cost: 3 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero can hear and transmit sounds that are too high-pitched or low-pitched to be audible to the normal human ear (e.g., dog whistles, radio waves, security devices that utilize ultrasonic sound, etc.). While this enhancement is active, the superhero gains a competence bonus on Perception checks equal to his rank in the skill (his ranks are effectively doubled). The superhero also gains the following enhanced hearing modes.
- Infra/Ultrasonic Hearing: The superhero can hear sounds clearly that lie outside the normal human hearing range. The GM may require a Perception check if the sound is extremely soft or distant, with the DC the same as with any normal whisper or distant sound.
- Sonar: The superhero can generate continuous sonar waves like a bat (the specific sound is up to him — and may even be in the infra- or ultrasonic range). The superhero uses this echolocation to maneuver as well as if he had sight — or better, since he can register his surroundings in a 360-degree radius. Invisibility, darkness and most kinds of concealment are irrelevant, though the superhero must have line of effect to discern to a creature or object. The superhero doesn’t need to make Perception checks to notice creatures within (10 ft. x his Wisdom modifier). The superhero spends 1 power point to activate this enhancement for a number of rounds equal to his Wisdom modifier.
- Enhancement: Improved Uncanny Dodge (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can no longer be flanked; he can react to opponents on opposite sides of him as easily as he can react to a single attacker. This defense denies creatures the flanking bonus by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more character levels than the superhero does. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. Prerequisites: The superhero must be at least 8th level and have the Uncanny Dodge enhancement to select this enhancement.
- Enhancement: Instinctive Reactions (Cost: 4 JP): Anytime combat starts and the superhero is not surprised, he can activate a number of swift action powers equal to his Wisdom modifier but the cost to activate is doubled.
- Enhancements: Lie Detector (Cost: 2 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. No polygraph is needed when the superhero is around. As long as the superhero concentrates on what a subject is saying, the superhero can detect if she is lying. While this enhancement is active, the superhero can determine automatically whether a target is speaking a conscious falsehood. This is a swift action and requires no skill check, but there are limitations: The superhero must be able to understand the gist of what the target is saying; and the superhero does not gain the truth per se, only that she is being false. Furthermore, the superhero cannot sense that a target is lying if she believes that what she is saying is the truth, regardless of whether it is proven accurate later. The superhero spends 1 power point to activate this enhancement for a number of minutes equal to his Wisdom modifier.
- Enhancement: Mental Multitasking (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero gains an additional swift action per round. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use. This ability stacks with Additional Swift Action from Super Dexterity.
- Enhancements: Ultra-Peripheral Perception (Cost: 4 JP): Activate: 1 PP; swift action. The superhero just about fits the old chestnut of someone who has “eyes in the back of his head.” The superhero can sense all around himself almost as readily as he can look straight ahead. His normal visual clarity extends in a 360-degree circle. The superhero cannot be surprised by people sneaking up on him from behind, and he cannot be flanked. The superhero spends 1 power point to activate this enhancement for a number of minutes equal to his Wisdom modifier.
- Enhancement: Uncanny Defense (Cost: 4 JP): A superhero is highly trained at dodging blows, and he has a sixth sense that lets him avoid even unanticipated attacks. When unarmored and unencumbered, the superhero adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. If the superhero gains an attribute bonus to his AC or CMD from some other source, it does not stack. In addition, a superhero gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four freelancer levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level. These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the superhero is flat-
footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.
- Enhancement: Uncanny Dodge (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does he lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. He still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A superhero with this enhancement can still lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action against him. This enhancement is always active and costs no power points to use.