Activate none; swift action
Range self; Power Resistance no
The superhero has the ability to see things not normally visible to the naked eye. Unusual Vision has a number of different modes. The superhero determines the cost of this power based on the options the superhero chooses. The superhero can choose any number of modes and pay the costs separately. Shifting from normal to an alternate form of vision is a swift action. The superhero can use only one visual mode at a time. All forms of Unusual Vision work out to the full normal distance of his vision. This power is compatible with Super Senses, which can increase the distance to which his Unusual Vision functions.
- Darkvision (Cost: 5 JP): The superhero can see in a complete absence of light.
- Low-Light Vision (Cost: 3 JP): The superhero can see extremely low light.
- See Invisible (Cost: 4 JP): The superhero can see invisible objects and creatures, such as those protected by the Vanish spell or Invisibility power. This power also works against Mental Invisibility.
- See Magic (Cost: 3 JP): The superhero can detect a faint aura around Magically—augmented objects, around supernatural people, around characters under the lasting influence of a spell or spell—like ability. Any power that would conceal the existence of such Magical energy from the Detect Magic spell will also conceal it from this power.
- See Energy (Cost: 3 JP): The superhero can see a faint aura around objects that use or radiate energy, such as electronics or batteries. This includes characters with tech powers, and most powered technological devices.
Enhancements and limitations
- Enhancement: Inherent Vision (Cost: 2 JP): His Unusual Vision is now a trait.
- Enhancement: Multiple Vision (Cost: 2 JP): The superhero can see with every sort of vision he has at the same time. The superhero does not need to switch between them, and the overlapping visuals do not distract or disorient him in any way. The superhero can still turn specific types of vision on and off at will.
- Limitation: Active Vision (Value: 2 JP): Activate: 1 PP; free. Sustain: 1 PP per round; free. Whenever the superhero uses any type of Unusual Vision, it has an activation cost and a sustain cost. The superhero can combine this enhancement with Multiple Vision. In which case, his activation and sustain costs per round are 1 PP for every mode the superhero employs at a time.